The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best metal albums of 2012

uber_pwnzor

Again, each has their own opinion. I myself am not a fan of stuff like death metal because more often than not, it simply annoys the fck out of me.

Metal like Metallica in which there was actual singing is far better than a lot of modern metal. Today's metal has lots of vocalists that are talented at screaming and you either learn to appreciate/enjoy it or you don't. Hell I used to think Linkin Park was the best band ever and now I'm listening to metal bands like Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Unearth etc etc.

The album Scurrilous came out last year but it's easily one of the better metal albums I've heard. And guess what? The lyrics aren't nonsense.

Hair trigger - Protest the Hero

The new Periphery album came out today and I'm definitely gonna pick it up this week. Talented band and the lyrics kick so much ass.

Scarlet - Periphery

Make Total Destroy - Periphery

My favorites of the year so far are Meshuggah's Koloss and High On Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis. I still haven't been able to find L'enfant Sauvage anywhere and it is really pissing me off seeing as Gojira is one of my favorite bands and L'enfant Sauvage (the single) was super sick.

Also, to all those people saying that metal isn't music, metal is one of the hardest genres of music to play. Just listen carefully to the guitar work and the drums, it takes real talent to be able to play some of this stuff. I'll admit, growls and screaming are not for everyone, and I can totally see how people hate them. It's definitely an aquired taste. They grow on you, end up just blending in to the song and everything just works. I don't think it is reasonable to say that metal isn't music just because of harsh vocals. There is more to music than just vocals. You are entitled to your own opinion, and if you don't like metal, then fine, I respect that. Just don't come to a metal thread just to rag on it and not call it music and start arguements.

Ok, that's my rant.

On another note, I'm really stoked for the new Baroness album to come out.

You guys should check out Memphis May Fire's new album Challenger and The Word Alive's new album Life Cycles. It may not be for some of you cause I can tell from most of your guys posts that you are into the really heavy stuff, but these are two great metalcore albums from this year

My favorites of the year so far are Meshuggah's Koloss and High On Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis. I still haven't been able to find L'enfant Sauvage anywhere and it is really pissing me off seeing as Gojira is one of my favorite bands and L'enfant Sauvage (the single) was super sick.

On another note, I'm really stoked for the new Baroness album to come out.

Archived