The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks asking about Ivan Baranka

Visp

Cam Charron@camcharron

Puck-moving defenceman, better on offence than defence, doesn't have a great shot. #IvanBarankaScoutingReport

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

The #Canucks have called the agent for 27 year old Slovak defenseman Ivan Baranka.

Baranka was drafted 50th overall in 2003 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Rangers. Prior to that he was a member of the Everett Silvertips in theWHL for two seasons.

Baranka signed his first pro contract with the Rangers on September 15, 2004. After spending 3 full seasons with the Hartford Wolf Pack of theAHL, Baranka played his first NHL game with the Rangers on November 21, 2007,in which he recorded his first point on an assist of Colton Orr's goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning.[1]

On May 15, 2008, the Rangers confirmed that Ivan Baranka accepted an offer from Spartak Moscow, but that the Rangers will retain his rights.[2]

Um who?

And yeah I'm getting kind of tired of the money-ball approach as well, you have to spend to get quality players, Gillis, you can do it for once brah.

Actually I don't think there is anyone worth the money right now though

i dont like to quote myself but...

11 million in salary, and i can almost gaurantee that gillis won't make a push for a top 6. at the most i could see us picking up a 3rd line centre that NOBODY predicted or mentioned, and a 5th/6th d-man nobody has ever heard of.

Archived