Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Suter narrowing down his options

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#61 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

currently speaking to suter

Posted Image
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#62 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
Hearing Suter likes the #RedWings. But might sign with #Pens just to play w Parise. Kinda like Lebron Wade and Bosh did. Nothing imminent.

HI has been spot on lately. Also may confirm Parise to Pens.

Hockey Rumours@NHL_Trade
#BREAKINGNEWS Ryan Suter has narrowed his list of teams down to 3. #flyers #redwings #canucks #FreeAgentFrenzy #NHL #TSN

Also...

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive
Holland text on Suter: "Everything is media rumors at this time.'' Of course, that doesn't mean it won't happen soon.

Take it as you will.

Suter will sign to a team that no one predicted. Not the Flyers, Pens or Wings...nor the Preds. He will sign with the Canucks. That is why Gillis let Rome and Salo go, is out of the Garrison sweepstakes and didn't really care for losing out on Schultz. Gillis is going after the big pie. Remember, he is the agent with the biggest balls and Suter definitely likes a man with big balls.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#63 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Suter will sign to a team that no one predicted. Not the Flyers, Pens or Wings...nor the Preds. He will sign with the Canucks. That is why Gillis let Rome and Salo go, is out of the Garrison sweepstakes and didn't really care for losing out on Schultz. Gillis is going after the big pie. Remember, he is the agent with the biggest balls and Suter definitely likes a man with big balls.

:blink: :mellow: :bigblush:

#64 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

you him aren't you... your Mike gillis... GET TO WORK YOU PLUG!

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#65 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

anyone know if ballard played with suter for team USA at any point?

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#66 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

If suter is considering the Canucks I will tell you that MG has made an offer that he can't refuse. Pretty sure he said he wanted to play in a low key market, the only thing that would change his mind is if someone offered him an insane amount of money.

#67 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

you him aren't you... your Mike gillis... GET TO WORK YOU PLUG!

Hey man, the Euro was more important than the first day of free agency. I wanted to sign Balotelli but then I realized that soccer is different than hockey. Maybe I will sign Pirlo, the Canucks could use his play making ability on the 2nd line.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#68 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

This is almost a must get Dman for us at this point, with Salo gone we have a huge gap.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#69 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

It's hard to see 4 D men we have been thinking of getting slip away so easily it seems.

If Suter comes here Gillis is a god.

Evn more so, I bet it means Weber is coming next.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#70 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

If suter is considering the Canucks I will tell you that MG has made an offer that he can't refuse. Pretty sure he said he wanted to play in a low key market, the only thing that would change his mind is if someone offered him an insane amount of money.

I also remember a report a few months back saying Suter wanted a solid place for raising a family. Gillis may give him the same kind of pitch as he did to Hamhuis but with more money.

#71 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hey man, the Euro was more important than the first day of free agency. I wanted to sign Balotelli but then I realized that soccer is different than hockey. Maybe I will sign Pirlo, the Canucks could use his play making ability on the 2nd line.

the way this years playoffs went for us it looked like soccer scores lol.

20u7nh3.jpg

ezgif-714024022.gif

#72 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

I bet he offered him a chance on the 1st unit PP to play along side Parise, Kesler, H. Sedin and D. Sedin. Who would turn that away? Playing alongside with his Team USA teammates and two art ross players. He sees that Pens might still suck in net and Detroit doesn't have much D with departure of Stuart and Lidstrom. Am sure he doesn't really want to be playing alongside Kronwall and a 50 year old Rafalski.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I bet he offered him a chance on the 1st unit PP to play along side Parise, Kesler, H. Sedin and D. Sedin. Who would turn that away? Playing alongside with his Team USA teammates and two art ross players. He sees that Pens might still suck in net and Detroit doesn't have much D with departure of Stuart and Lidstrom. Am sure he doesn't really want to be playing alongside Kronwall and a 50 year old Rafalski.

ugh rafalski retired?

20u7nh3.jpg

ezgif-714024022.gif

#74 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,071 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Alert! Rumour has it that Hamhuis has bought the cabin next to his in Smithers. There are a pair of brand new quads parked out front! More to follow....

What can I say. I'll believe when I see it. Nashville might consider tampering charges especially when Weber follows next year. Now all we need is to lure Trotz here.

#75 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Very interesting rumour in the OP about Canucks being one of 3 teams left on Suter's short list. I don't think he will sign here but you never know. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think its the Wings or Pens as its been rumoured for a long time now.

#76 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I would run naked through the forest in my backyard if we signed Suter!

Come on MG 10 years @ 65 million!! Signing Bonus of 24 million!!!!

Where do you live? we might send a CDC youtube crew to talk some videos.
Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#77 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

my guess we cant get him but who knows? if you dump lUongo contract we would have room to afford him but he does not on the team anywhere unless you move Ballard

Garisson or Suter?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#78 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

If we win this sweepstakes he'd probs be giving up money to be in a great city because I doubt MG would be overpaying it's not his style.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#79 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

If we win this sweepstakes he'd probs be giving up money to be in a great city because I doubt MG would be overpaying it's not his style.

mats sundin

#80 Brocklovich

Brocklovich

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think Van most definitely out now with the signing of Garrison

#81 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Ya I thought that it was kinda bizarre, especially coming from a team like Detroit, why visit his house like really? A phone call can go a long way to. I guess they are really, really interested in him.

May as well ask Eminem to show him around the sweet @ss city
Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#82 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I think Van most definitely out now with the signing of Garrison

Probably. Unless elder is on his way out... Sick of correcting iPhone autocorrect

Edited by canucksnihilist, 01 July 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#83 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

I could see Parise signing with Pittsburgh and Suter signing with Detroit. Then they'll probably meet up in the Cup Finals again and it'll be the biggest story of the year.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.