The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salo being a FA makes me sad......

ILL BILL NECRO

Damn, one of the better trades back in the day: Shaeffer for Salo was a great deal for the Canucks, even if Sami never played a full 82. Salo was the longest serving member of the Canucks (after the Sedin's) and will be missed.

Best of luck Sami, hopefully you can manage a full 82 in one of those 2 years with Tampa! I'll miss the hell out of that wicked slapshot from the point too!!!

Gillis not only threw away a Top 4 defenseman, but also one booming shot on the power play. Way to go there Gillis. I wish I had faith he'd be able to pull of a major signing in return but he;s going to need to stop sitting on his flipping hands already and do something (something other than not signing people that is).

Good luck Sammy!

And nice deal out of captain Stevie for ya. On the over 35 rule, few teams are willing to shell out two year deals (especially at big money).

Makes Garrison, or alternate, a priority as we only have one legitimate right side D, Bieksa, under contract.

I say offer Souray two years at $7 mill? Souray > Salo!

From the looks of it, teams are really addressing their needs this year through free agency. Size, gritt, and defense seem to be the key factors at play.

Detroit has just signed Samuelsson, TooToo, Gustavsson and are appearing to be the front runners in the West for Parise and Suter. Any other major signing could really affect the power structure in the West. From the looks of it, teams in the West are really starting to round out their lineups.

I hope Gillis has a plan because so far out of all the major contenders, Vancouver is the only team not to have made any signings.

With Salo and Rome gone we are -2 from yesterday in terms of our defensive depth. Any deal MG makes is really going to need to make the ground shake.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler- ????

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Gragnani

With Alberts and Gragnani as our only depth defensemen we won't be making it very far this year. Starting to wish we had kept Sulzer.

I'm starting to get worried.

really disappointed that we didnt offer enough for Salo, a great defenceman and I really wanted him to lift the cup in a Van jersey. Hopefully he gets inducted into the ring of honor when he retires, i hope.

From the looks of it, teams are really addressing their needs this year through free agency. Size, gritt, and defense seem to be the key factors at play.

Detroit has just signed Samuelsson, TooToo, Gustavsson and are appearing to be the front runners in the West for Parise and Suter. Any other major signing could really affect the power structure in the West. From the looks of it, teams in the West are really starting to round out their lineups.

I hope Gillis has a plan because so far out of all the major contenders, Vancouver is the only team not to have made any signings.

With Salo and Rome gone we are -2 from yesterday in terms of our defensive depth. Any deal MG makes is really going to need to make the ground shake.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler- ????

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Gragnani

With Alberts and Gragnani as our only depth defensemen we won't be making it very far this year. Starting to wish we had kept Sulzer.

I'm starting to get worried.

Archived