The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks interested in SEMIN

Booth and higgins on the second line, with kesler still healing... And this time Hodgson is not there anymore to provides that desesperate 2nd scoring... No we have to sign semin and his laser. Just to be less dependant to the sedins and less readable from other coach who will need to think twice about against who he would want his top paring to play.

My call : 15m/ 3 years.

With Garrison signed if MG can sign Semin I think it would be a great day for the Canucks. A top four Dman and a top 6 forward is what we needed. Semin is a top 3 forward on most teams. He'd be a 40+ goal guy again with the Canucks.

With Parise expected to get 12 or 13 years at around 100 million I would rather have Semin at way less salary and term. They put up similar stats over their career while Semin has better +/-.

Would be a great pickup - if he can fit into the team cap, ergo the team philosophy. Take what's fair / a little bit less in order to win - and how u can give to the community.

But i dont see it. Russians don't fit into this philosophy, unless u supply vodka - but they might not remember in the morning. Or was it respect u in the morning lol. Sore buts from semin

Come on that is funny!!!

If he signs I am an absolute wanker obviously.

I honestly think Semin and Huselius would solidify our forwards. Trade Luongo and Raymond to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Then trade Ballard, Alberts, and Malhotra for picks and prospects to free up cap space. Then sign say, Matt Carle to round out the defense

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Semin - Kesler - Huselius

Burrows - Bjugstad - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Carle

Schneider

Lack

Pretty freakin solid.

Archived