The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks interested in SEMIN

I honestly think Semin and Huselius would solidify our forwards. Trade Luongo and Raymond to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Then trade Ballard, Alberts, and Malhotra for picks and prospects to free up cap space. Then sign say, Matt Carle to round out the defense

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Semin - Kesler - Huselius

Burrows - Bjugstad - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Carle

Schneider

Lack

Pretty freakin solid.

Perhaps I should describe LAZY in my understanding, NOT hard working in training, party way too much, not working hard on defense. I follow many Russian players not only during NHL season but also during off-season in Russia. Many players state one thing in North America and totally different things over the ocean.

About “Lazy people don't make it to the NHL” I have just two words for Vancouver Canucks fans: Viktor Krutov. ::D

Trust me on this, Semin not a team player and we don’t need him ….

Why is everyone criticizing Semin's "cat-like" fight style? Not all hockey players are fighters. They are not being thought to fight or have proper fighting style. Move on. This guy is a game breaker.

Now let's see how you fight.

Criticizing that is really low considering we have 2 super-stars who never fights...

Still hope this could be reality. But I doubt we are even going for Semin. But he could really make a difference in the scoring department. And with the complementary players he could have around him could even make him a challenger for the Maurice Richard. Kesler on regular shifts and Sedins on the PP. Just dreamin'...

Still hope this could be reality. But I doubt we are even going for Semin. But he could really make a difference in the scoring department. And with the complementary players he could have around him could even make him a challenger for the Maurice Richard. Kesler on regular shifts and Sedins on the PP. Just dreamin'...

Who cares how he fights, people covet Bure and how he was the most dynamic player we've ever seen.

Well let me tell you Semin is skilled, Semin is exciting.

Now I'm not saying Semin is as good as Bure but I'm just saying there is a place for these skilled russians and it'd be amazing to see him play with the Sedin's.

The price has to be right and the term has to be limited as we need to think about future contracts to Edler/Burrows and maybe Weber.

The comedy value alone might be worth it. Even watching Tuesday night games against Columbus would become entertaining hearing phrases like:

-Semin shoots into his chest!

-Semin is flying all over the ice!

-Phaneuf goes to get the puck, but Semin is on his tail!

-Semin enters the slot!

The comedy value alone might be worth it. Even watching Tuesday night games against Columbus would become entertaining hearing phrases like:

-Semin shoots into his chest!

-Semin is flying all over the ice!

-Phaneuf goes to get the puck, but Semin is on his tail!

-Semin enters the slot!

Archived