The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sami Salo to Tampa Bay

I'll miss him because he's frikin' Sami Salo. I won't miss him because of his play though.

Definitely can upgrade on him. He's be inducted into the RoH, just like Ohlund. They'll probably retire together.

Good luck in Tampa Salo!

Do not underestimate what salo means to this team. He is the cog that holds the defence together, great cannon from the point, great break out passing ability and has the ability to calm down the likes of Edler. Their record without salo is nothing to brag about. Who will replace him?

This team just took a step backward. Salo is the kind of guy that can mentor the younger players too.

I lost all faith in magic Mike when he let Hodgson go for a project prospect. Sure Kassian may turn out to be a force 4 or 5 years from now, but the window of opportunity will have closed by then.

This has been a highly disappointing 3 months.

Thanks a lot Gillis now our defence looks way worse. Why not give him two years he is the steadiest defenseman we have behind Hamhuis. C'mon. I get that he wants to get younger but having an old guy isn't that bad, it means he wants to win even more.

Archived