Burke: Not happening.

Free Agency Opening

Burke: Let's try this again about Luongo

GMMG: Luke Schenn.

Burke: Stop that.

Weeks before training camp when the Leafs have no real goalie

Burke: Luke Schenn?

GMMG: Schenn and a pick.

This is a heartbreaker I'm starting to hate gillis we r losing Salo and Luongo I feel gillis has done nothing and it bothers me who has he brought manny Torres sundin hamhuis resign Raymond while other teams get better I'm tired of hearing future when our window is now....

`$3.75 mill per year on 2 year deal. Money talks and you know what walks.

LOL at the fan boys living in a fantasy world who think Garrison will sign here for millions less. Salo has already made millions in his life and has been a Canuck for a long time, even he left because he got a better deal elsewhere. Garrison hasn't even made much money so far. He would be the last guy to take millions less at this point of his career.

I'm happy for Salo, he's got a family to look after and this will be his last contract. Good for Salo to get a nice contract.

Salo was one of my favourite players on the Canucks since he was traded here from OTT for Peter Schaeffer.

How about you include the entire context, and if you had any semblance of intelligence, you'd know that AV is a "Corsi Coach". He puts players in specific situations in order to maximize the return of their play. This does not inherently mean that the coach will play each player in a situation that caters to their specific talents or abilities.

Keith Ballard is an offensively capable defenseman, he rushes the puck as well as starting the break out. His roles the past two seasons when he wasn't plagued by injury or ineffectiveness of not being able to adjust to a new team were bottom pairing, meant to advance the puck and get it into the offensive zone and create a stoppage; whereby the offensive lines (sedins, kesler lines) would then come out for the offensive draw.

Ballard was played in these roles because we had better options for the T4 or in other words the more offensive pairings who also happened to play PP and PK. I would be willing to bet that with injury fully behind him, a full off season to train and an increased role on the team will result in at least 25-35 points this season, perhaps more.

Draft:

Burke: So uh, about Luongo

Burke: Not happening.

Free Agency Opening

Burke: Let's try this again about Luongo

Burke: Stop that.

Weeks before training camp when the Leafs have no real goalie

Burke: Luke Schenn?

GMMG: Schenn and a pick.

Archived