The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Memories of Salo

Man, i really loved Salo.

As posted, loved the great goal, the celebration, then Burrows clotheslining him!

There are a myriad of reasons for him to have left. Obviously $ was a big one. But y'know, he deserves the payday.

He was a great, great soldier for us.

It would seem that maybe with the negotiations, Salo maybe was not in the organizations plans after all.

Interesting he is going to Tampa, where Ohlie's future is in doubt. And it was one of Salo's slap-bombs that nearly halted Ohlie's career.

I will really miss him. I think his teammates will as well.

Looks like the Canuck blueline will have a bit of a facelift in free agency.

I loved going to games. Aside from cheering the team, i always shouted "I LOVE YOU SAMI SALO!!!!"

:(

Salo was my hero, at one point my favorite Canuck ever. He will always be one of my favorite players ever and I will miss him a great deal.

There is no 'one' memory I have of him. There are hundreds, and to list only one would be unjust towards the others.

Salo, you deserve the huge pay increase, and 2 years, As much as I will miss you, Im happy that you're getting what you want.

Gillis, you better be planning something really big. We can't afford to loose Salo right now, so I have to assume Gillis is going for a couple big names on D. If Salo is lost in vain I will never forgive Gillis.

Truly one of the best trades Burke ever made, trading Peter Schaefer to Ottawa for the Finnish MacInnis! 9 years he was one of the most important pieces of our back end and a great leader and teamate. had some bad luck with injuries, but always worked his but off to come back as soon as he could. We'll really miss him, but couldn't pay 3.75, Good on you Sami, glad you got a good last contract, you'll always be a Canuck!

Archived