The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks ink Bryan Allen

That's a great deal right there.. and a great player off the market. This guy blocks a hell lot of shots. Even if i like some things Gillis have done, you really start to question his work when you see a deal like this, and you lose a guy like Salo.

All this hate on MG is unbelievable. Most of these signings will be regretted by their respective teams by the end of the year. PPL are being overpaid today. Some times the best move is the one you didn't make.

Parise and Suter are not coming here any ways. They will sign in the US.

Garrison is not going to take millions less to play for a team in his home province. I know some kids on these boards think money doesn't matter blah blah blah. I'm sorry to tell you guy this but that's not how real life works. Money talks.

All this hate on MG is unbelievable. Most of these signings will be regretted by their respective teams by the end of the year. PPL are being overpaid today. Some times the best move is the one you didn't make.

Parise and Suter are not coming here any ways. They will sign in the US.

Garrison is not going to take millions less to play for a team in his home province. I know some kids on these boards think money doesn't matter blah blah blah. I'm sorry to tell you guy this but that's not how real life works. Money talks.

I thought Allen would work if Van had signed Schultz or Salo but a Tanev spared off by Salo doesn't fly. If in fact MG thought he had Schultz then I think we would have seen a reaction today. Van's biggest needs are a top 6 LW and a right side top 4 dman. I have to believe that is what MG is focussed on whether that happens in FA or through a Lou deal.

As good as Garrison is, we needed this guy too with Salo's loss. Now we have no experienced, veteran defenceman and our top-4 is lead by 4 guys in their prime who have been known to panic in the pressure situations.

Oh boy, MG better find us a #4/#5 defenceman who has 500+ games experience.

Archived