Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Signing] Ducks ink Bryan Allen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#61 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

But we'll be shedding Lu's 5.3 salary so we'll have $15+ million

Nope, we would be taking salary back in any trade involving Luongo, possibly a bad contract. In light of today's free agent signings, even the "bad" contracts from years gone by don't look so bad...
Posted Image

#62 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,155 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Deep breaths people.

Go meditate for awhile and all will be well.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#63 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Did Gillis forget today was the first day of free agency?

lol good one....i hope this isnt true...
didnt he say something like, the best free agents are the ones left after a few days after the 1st?...hehe

#64 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

He's huge, but he's not physical. Did you watch the Canucks when he was on this team? He doesn't hit a lot, he rarely fights (when he does, he gets worked), and he's about as slow as they get

Allen is a giant oaf

That was a long time ago, he has gotten more physical since then.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

That's a great deal right there.. and a great player off the market. This guy blocks a hell lot of shots. Even if i like some things Gillis have done, you really start to question his work when you see a deal like this, and you lose a guy like Salo.

#66 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Lol.... We lost more depth on defense.

#67 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

You people do realize we only have 10 million in cap space, and 8+ million of that is going to Weber.

We are not getting weber dude....does MG look like he's got the marbles to pull it off? Not by his constant failed reclamation moves every year....

While I don't think you want to build through FA, filling holes is necessary and it looks like we're in an even worse position this year. He's holding out of for a hockey deal for Lou but what if it doesn't happen? We're going to go with 2 rookie dmen in the 5/6 spot? And Tanev in number4? Yes I love him but 3 guys out of six with less than one full season of NHL hockey? not a good idea....

Burke has him by the balls by his inactivity now..

#68 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

All this hate on MG is unbelievable. Most of these signings will be regretted by their respective teams by the end of the year. PPL are being overpaid today. Some times the best move is the one you didn't make.

Parise and Suter are not coming here any ways. They will sign in the US.

Garrison is not going to take millions less to play for a team in his home province. I know some kids on these boards think money doesn't matter blah blah blah. I'm sorry to tell you guy this but that's not how real life works. Money talks.

#69 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Did Gillis forget today was the first day of free agency?

I think he's having a Canada day bbq and running around looking for ice...

#70 bongo4420

bongo4420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Allen is exactly what the Canucks need. I'm not a big Gillis fan to begin with but this offseason is looking far worse than I could even imagine. As usual he's all talk no action.

#71 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

gillis... WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU...

Relax man, its Bryan Freaking Allen not Joe Sakic. Jesus christ, he ain't gonna put this team over the top. Gillis is just talking with Parise and Suter and busy making a contract for both of them. We aren't wasting time signing fringe players like Tootoo, Wideman, Allen ect. Watch now, in a couple of hours Suter and Parise will be announced to have been signed by the Canucks. Then the domino effect will really take place and some team will lose their mind and offer a huge package for Luongo. Gillis was just watching the euro with Parise and Suter so they didn't have time to announce the deal yet.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#72 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Allen is exactly what the Canucks need. I'm not a big Gillis fan to begin with but this offseason is looking far worse than I could even imagine. As usual he's all talk no action.

What if he signs Suter and Parise? Would it be a big fail then? Or do you like Allen signing more?

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#73 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

All this hate on MG is unbelievable. Most of these signings will be regretted by their respective teams by the end of the year. PPL are being overpaid today. Some times the best move is the one you didn't make.

Parise and Suter are not coming here any ways. They will sign in the US.

Garrison is not going to take millions less to play for a team in his home province. I know some kids on these boards think money doesn't matter blah blah blah. I'm sorry to tell you guy this but that's not how real life works. Money talks.

There is a rumor that Parise and Suter want to play together. Don't be surprised if they sign here because we are contenders and have a lot of US players like Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Schneider, Ballard etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 Darius71

Darius71

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

What if he signs Suter and Parise? Would it be a big fail then? Or do you like Allen signing more?

You are joking right? Why would Suter and Parise come to Vancouver when they have teams like Pittsburgh and Detroit lined up with blank cheque books? MG is never willing to over pay anyone...unfortunately this mind set, in the context that the canucks are in, wont ever win the canucks anything. When you are about 3 pieces away from being a cup favorite you have to be willing to over pay either trade wise or free agent wise to get those pieces...waiting around for years for the sun and the moon to line up have got this franchise 43 years of failure.

Edited by Darius71, 01 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#75 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

I thought Allen would work if Van had signed Schultz or Salo but a Tanev spared off by Salo doesn't fly. If in fact MG thought he had Schultz then I think we would have seen a reaction today. Van's biggest needs are a top 6 LW and a right side top 4 dman. I have to believe that is what MG is focussed on whether that happens in FA or through a Lou deal.

#76 NewSedinTwin

NewSedinTwin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

You let Salo and Rome go, then miss your chance at Allen?! Gillis, you better sign both Parise and Suter! haha, at least Garrison
Post 100: Feb.15.10
Post 200: Mar.20.10

#77 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

As good as Garrison is, we needed this guy too with Salo's loss. Now we have no experienced, veteran defenceman and our top-4 is lead by 4 guys in their prime who have been known to panic in the pressure situations.

Oh boy, MG better find us a #4/#5 defenceman who has 500+ games experience.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.