Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend Killer

How much are we gonna have to pay to keep our guys?

23 posts in this topic

After seeing Salo go for 3.75 million/year, this is really worrying me.

Next year alone,

Alex Burrows - Currently making 2 Million/year.

Chris Higgins - Currently making 1.9/year

Alex Edler - Currently making 3.25/year

The salary cap going up is just creating the same mess we had in the first place. One team is gonna monopolize the market (Pittsburgh). Teams like Nashville and Phoenix are already showing that they are gonna struggle to contend again.

What do you think these guys can get on the open market, judging by the contracts that are going around? Edler is gonna fetch at least 5.5-6 million, probably more.

Gillis will want them all to take a discount, and if they dont he will hold out on them then we will loose them.

The people here who think Burrows is going to be signed for 3 - 3.5 are kidding themselves. Going to take north of 5 to get him done.

that's whats worrying me. if salo wouldn't, i doubt they will. time to stop cheaping out. Hometown discounts are non existent now.

Scary thought if you ask me.

and... another D-man officially bites the dust as Rome signs with Dallas. Who needs D-men, right?

Nashville and Phoenix did pretty well for themselves this past season, I don't know what you were watching, but they competed hard and made it far.

less then Edmonton

higgins will leave, burrows will sign at 4mil cap, Edler will get 5.7 for 4 years

higgins will leave, burrows will sign at 4mil cap, Edler will get 5.7 for 4 years

and... another D-man officially bites the dust as Rome signs with Dallas. Who needs D-men, right?

Depth on D... makes me wonder.

After seeing Salo go for 3.75 million/year, this is really worrying me.

Next year alone,

Alex Burrows - Currently making 2 Million/year.

Chris Higgins - Currently making 1.9/year

Alex Edler - Currently making 3.25/year

The salary cap going up is just creating the same mess we had in the first place. One team is gonna monopolize the market (Pittsburgh). Teams like Nashville and Phoenix are already showing that they are gonna struggle to contend again.

What do you think these guys can get on the open market, judging by the contracts that are going around? Edler is gonna fetch at least 5.5-6 million, probably more.

one plus out of a free agency where your team stands pat is there are no overpayments. Imagine the mixed emotions if we signed garrison to the rumoured 6.5 million!?