The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis IS BRILLIANT !

Niners70

I am going to step off the beaten and path and thank Gillis for standing pat and not going crazy. I recently watched George McPhee (GM of the capitals), and when asked about free agency he made it very clear it was a time for people to over spend and if you waited to the trade deadline you could pick up the players those GM's over paid for. I mean I love Salo, but 3.75 million per over two years, see ya!

Gillis said we were going to get younger and him not moving means we are going to develop our younger players. We do not have to over react. I know that if Daniel Sedon was healthy we would have beat LA and won the cup, we do not have to change a thing.

Kevin Connaughton has a boomer of a shot and can replace Salo on the power play while playing as our 6th D-man with Tanev ( who is frickin awesome), our bottom four of Edler, Bieksa, and Hamuis is pretty good, would like to trade Ballard and replace him with a bigger stay at home d-man. Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder, Volpatti ans Weise are going to be better AND WE ARE NOT OVER PAYING FOR THEM.

All Gillis needs to do is Trade Luongo to free up some cap space and wait for the trade deadline and were golden. We will be younger and better. If he happens to sneak in a top 6 guy and a big d- man through free agency or trade, great. If not I am confident in our prospects and our coaching staff. You heard it here first ...GILLIS IS BRILLIANT !

I can't believe Salo is actually gone.. I had honestly never pictured him leaving vancouver especially after he said he was staying in hopes to win the cup with us this year. Also with all the possible retirement talk for next season the 2 year deal was really surprising to me.

Anyways Gillis is really scaring me, I know we have a great team here but honestly we can't just "stand pat" right now we need defence. And we have a second line situation to fix. I also don't think lapierre will be able to handle the third line centre position, theres just a lot of uncertanty but i guess we will just have to wait and see what free agency and the summer does!

I don't get it, your goal is to win. So how is not signing people and worrying about paying inflated costs gonna help u? This is retarted.

As I fan I want to be shown they don't give a crap about money. Ticket sales poor in, there gonna sell out every day. I don't want to hear his bs I'm sorry. Go after the big names and pay for it. It makes no sense not too

As easy as it is to critique Gillis about not signing anyone, we should be just as careful not to praise him for doing nothing. There have been a number of good signings so far that haven't been an overpayment.. And the Canucks lost out on Tanner Glass (confirmed via The Province). Gillis has been trying, just not successfully.

The Kings probably still would have won even if we had Daniel. The Blues would have murdered us the next round anyway.

Connauton replacing Salo? Na.

You put a lot of stock in a couple of players that haven't even played in the NHL, one being vertically challenged (huge disadvantage) and the other two having half a season of NHL experience - max. >

Standing pat is NOT always the smartest thing to do. How do you improve? By not doing anything.

He should have fired AV. Pretty obvious that he's just using AV as his last scapegoat in the case the season starts off slowly. MG is a pansy.

He better having something big going down with the Luongo trade. If we get back garbage from that trade I'm gonna lose it.

The Kings probably still would have won even if we had Daniel. The Blues would have murdered us the next round anyway.

Connauton replacing Salo? Na.

You put a lot of stock in a couple of players that haven't even played in the NHL, one being vertically challenged (huge disadvantage) and the other two having half a season of NHL experience - max. >

Standing pat is NOT always the smartest thing to do. How do you improve? By not doing anything.

I don't get it, your goal is to win. So how is not signing people and worrying about paying inflated costs gonna help u? This is retarted.

As I fan I want to be shown they don't give a crap about money. Ticket sales poor in, there gonna sell out every day. I don't want to hear his bs I'm sorry. Go after the big names and pay for it. It makes no sense not too

Archived