The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis IS BRILLIANT !

Niners70

We saw this last yr and Gillis response was "there are tertiary markets that open up throughout the summer". Result: Marco Sturm.

There's a fine line between waiting and doing nothing.

Meanwhile, Detroit added bottom 6 grit, back up goalie and a top 6 forward for $6.4M. That's cheap. Canucks signed 4th liner (Volpatti), great goalie (Schneid) and that's it. They've let another top 4 d-man and bottom 6 d-man go. I'm guessing if Garrison really wanted to sign here, he would have already.

I'm getting nervous.

Im going to agree with the defense, not nearly as big a deal as everyone is making out to be.

however, We need a center

really, really badly.

I don't see the answer from Toronto, or Florida.

Ballard and Raymond won't get us one either.

I am going to step off the beaten and path and thank Gillis for standing pat and not going crazy. I recently watched George McPhee (GM of the capitals), and when asked about free agency he made it very clear it was a time for people to over spend and if you waited to the trade deadline you could pick up the players those GM's over paid for. I mean I love Salo, but 3.75 million per over two years, see ya!

Gillis said we were going to get younger and him not moving means we are going to develop our younger players. We do not have to over react. I know that if Daniel Sedon was healthy we would have beat LA and won the cup, we do not have to change a thing.

Kevin Connaughton has a boomer of a shot and can replace Salo on the power play while playing as our 6th D-man with Tanev ( who is frickin awesome), our bottom four of Edler, Bieksa, and Hamuis is pretty good, would like to trade Ballard and replace him with a bigger stay at home d-man. Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder, Volpatti ans Weise are going to be better AND WE ARE NOT OVER PAYING FOR THEM.

All Gillis needs to do is Trade Luongo to free up some cap space and wait for the trade deadline and were golden. We will be younger and better. If he happens to sneak in a top 6 guy and a big d- man through free agency or trade, great. If not I am confident in our prospects and our coaching staff. You heard it here first ...GILLIS IS BRILLIANT !

We are done for folks!

Not even making the playoffs with the team we have ! Saying someone is brilliant for staying put with the exact same team that didn't make it past the first round is ignorant . Same F$&@ing team minus Salo, Rome. Alberts our 2nd defense pairing ... But you think he will wait till trade deadline so he won't overpay? There's no players to even trade with! This is the joke of the day !

Very good thinking by Gillis. Admittedly some of the deals today (Asham, Carkner) are guys we could've used. But our roster was pretty much full before today anyways.

Add in the CBA uncertainty over next season, and the contracts that were for the most part excessive and outta control, standing pat is a good idea this year.

We are done for folks!

Not even making the playoffs with the team we have ! Saying someone is brilliant for staying put with the exact same team that didn't make it past the first round is ignorant . Same F$&@ing team minus Salo, Rome. Alberts our 2nd defense pairing ... But you think he will wait till trade deadline so he won't overpay? There's no players to even trade with! This is the joke of the day !

Rome is gone now. Gillis is still not making moves as far as i've heard. my soul hope for our defense right now is that we can land Garrison with some of this money that we have gotten back from Salo and Rome. I really do , however , wish that Salo was not let go. Injured alot? yes. but a crittical piece to our defense? YES.

I am going to step off the beaten and path and thank Gillis for standing pat and not going crazy. I recently watched George McPhee (GM of the capitals), and when asked about free agency he made it very clear it was a time for people to over spend and if you waited to the trade deadline you could pick up the players those GM's over paid for. I mean I love Salo, but 3.75 million per over two years, see ya!

Gillis said we were going to get younger and him not moving means we are going to develop our younger players. We do not have to over react. I know that if Daniel Sedon was healthy we would have beat LA and won the cup, we do not have to change a thing.

Kevin Connaughton has a boomer of a shot and can replace Salo on the power play while playing as our 6th D-man with Tanev ( who is frickin awesome), our bottom four of Edler, Bieksa, and Hamuis is pretty good, would like to trade Ballard and replace him with a bigger stay at home d-man. Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder, Volpatti ans Weise are going to be better AND WE ARE NOT OVER PAYING FOR THEM.

All Gillis needs to do is Trade Luongo to free up some cap space and wait for the trade deadline and were golden. We will be younger and better. If he happens to sneak in a top 6 guy and a big d- man through free agency or trade, great. If not I am confident in our prospects and our coaching staff. You heard it here first ...GILLIS IS BRILLIANT !

You realize there is a salary cap right?

This team would spend big, if they weren't limited by league rules. The reality is, they have a budget to wAork with. Throwing truckloads of cash at guys is shortsighted.

I'm glad to see MG isn't panicking. He will be able to fill the few gaps on our roster via trades before opening night. People need to relax!

salo is better than bieksa, bieksa makes 3.5... Repeatedly paying Salo nothing was bound to come back to haunt us. Everyone talks about Salo's shot, what they don't talk about is how him and Hamhuis are the only defenders we have that can shut down any forward in the league. Make no mistake about it, we have nothing in the system that fills that void.

Archived