The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

Man I'm really really sad to see Salo go. MG knew Salo left a huge hole on our back end which is why I suspect he over paid for Garrison a bit. I'm sure other teams were offering Garrison pretty high salaries so we had to bid high to get him. I'm glad we did though, I *highly* doubt we would have gotten Suter--teams rarely trade to rival teams plus Suter probably hates Vancouver after that playoff series a couple years ago.

All in all it had to be done, Garrison was probably our best option and I look forward to seeing him play. I'm sure he'll play with a lot of heart in front of his home crowd and family =)

I can't really say much about this trade, haven't really seen Garrison play much to know if this is a good thing.

Although I think its cool that he played in Duluth University...as I used to visit Duluth a lot when I was younger since I lived in Thunder Bay.

Plus, back when Bure and Luongo were on Florida, they were one of my favorite teams....Garrison played on Florida.

Also, I lived in Nanaimo for 4 years, and Garrison played on the Nanaimo Clippers.

Now hes on the Canucks!

If he turns out to be good, he has high potential to be one of my favorite Canucks!

Garrison outscored Ehrhoff this year.

Garrison is a bigger body who defends better.

Garrison had a better 2nd season than Ehrhoff's first three.

Ehrhoff has never scored 16 goals.

Garrison did that with Campbell, but on the extremely low scoring Panthers.

Garrison is a cooler cat than Ehrhoff and likely had better $$offer$$.

Ehrhoff said he left to win a Cup.

Garrison wanted to play here and he's a home boy.

I got my Garrison blinders on right now - I have no problem with this deal.

The more I think about it, the less excited I am about this. Obviously Gillis had to give up the longer term to get the lower cap hit. Same routine as with Luo.

This to a guy that is already turning 28, and has one good year playing with Brian freaking Campbell.

Very risky.

Archived