The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

This signing makes up for losing Salo's point shot.. This kid can hammer the puck as hard or if not harder, I was watching some youtube videos of him earlier in the week and he's got a lazer, he will be on the #1 PP Unit for sure.

You can't say Gillis doesn't have brass stashed in his fruit of the looms. He certainly has no problem making moves that media and fans could rail on him over.

Too be honest, this is rather cheap for DMen at FA time.

Also, Gillis has not laid down his last card yet, stay tuned.

Honestly CDC is pathetic.

Gillis doesn't sign anyone = OMG Worst GM ever!

Gillis signs someone = OMG Worst signing ever! Overpayment!

Be happy or just don't say anything at all. STFU crybabies!

Stop with the fire MG calls already, it just makes you look foolish.

Bottom line is we are replacing Salo's slapshot with a younger (hopefully less injury prone) version. The hit isnt really that big considering the other signings today. And there are so many facets of these deals that we don't see.

Stop expecting every single big player on the market will get signed here because its just simply not true. I personally don't want to see too much change as back to back presidents and a stanley cup final appearance are good to build on. MG knows what he is doing, the arm chair GMing is getting out of control on these boards...

Well I for one am glad we got him at this price... The losers of the Ryan Suter sweepstakes would have turned straight to Jason and the price wouldve skyrocketed! Thankfully he took a hometown discount when he knew he could make more money elsewhere, later in free agency. Classy move. I expect a lot from you

Well,Gillis underpaid Salo for years and then over paid Bieksa.

The team than had to secure a potential top 4 d man and Garrison wanted to come here,anyways.

If Ballard is healthy and plays a full season he will be full value for his paycheque.

Time to ease Connaughton or Sauve in and the d corps is set.

6 year contract buddy. Garrison hasn't done jack, basically fed off Brian Campbell in Florida.

* I'd wait before jumping on his bandwagon as he really shouldn't be earning 27.6 million for one solid season.

The deal was done at 9 am.

Gillis and Garrison decided to wait to announce, made up a rumour about 6.5 and floated it out there.

They sat at the pool, cracked a couple of Lucky lagers, turned on the laptop, and tracked the whims of CDC.

After hours of laughing their asses off, they concluded that this was a good initiation for Garrison to the fanbase in Vancouver.

Welcome to the Canucks Jason.

Archived