Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

749 posts in this topic

Also, maybe a little extra motivation now that Garrison is playing for his home team? Just sayin'.

It's odd how we have a defenseman named Garrison now. In late 2009, I was receiving junkmail from a sender named Garrison. Obviously not related, but still humorous.

I thought I'd never see that name again.

TSNBobMcKenzie:

Garrison left $ on table - was offered "Wideman money" elsewhere - but wanted to play for hometown VAN, which held firm on internal $ scale.

Awesome!

The deal was done at 9 am.

Gillis and Garrison decided to wait to announce, made up a rumour about 6.5 and floated it out there.

They sat at the pool, cracked a couple of Lucky lagers, turned on the laptop, and tracked the whims of CDC.

After hours of laughing their asses off, they concluded that this was a good initiation for Garrison to the fanbase in Vancouver.

Welcome to the Canucks Jason.

fkin a...some Defensive help!..a little pricey but I'll take it!

Honestly this isn't too huge of a contract. The cap just went up 6 mil to 70 mil. And with the impending Lu trade it's pretty much a wash swapping their cap hits. And even if we keep Lu til the deadline we've go plenty of options this season. I'm looking forward to the d pairs

Bieksa hamhuis

Edler garrison

Ballard tanev/ alberts

You have to realize this board is full of high-schoolers who don't know much about anything yet. that's why you gotta treat this board not as a real discussion, but just skim it for the news items. Otherwise you will waste your time driving yourself insane.

A little bit bigger of a contract than I would have liked to give Garrison but I guess that's the market now. I have no doubts about what he can do for the Canucks on the blueline, though. Don't expect him to score 16 goals again, as that screams "fluke year", but he will be a stalwart defensively, which is really more what the Canucks are looking for. The offense is a bonus.

Assuming Edler gets a multi-year extension, the D core looks to be set for a long time:

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

I dunno about this guy...my initial thought is that this is an overpayment, this guy had ONE decent year and he gets a ridiculous contract... Another MG blunder just like Ballard...and for F sakes stop signing or trading for Florida players

Still bummed about Salo, but at least it's not 6.5 for Garrison.

You have to realize this board is full of high-schoolers who don't know much about anything yet. that's why you gotta treat this board not as a real discussion, but just skim it for the news items. Otherwise you will waste your time driving yourself insane.

Gonna be paid more than Hamhuis

I'm happy we signed him but I think its too much for a guy who had one good year but then again that's free agency

(Atleast it wasn't 6.5 million)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Looking alot better all the sudden.