The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

Blackhawks fan here...

Solid signing, I'm a big Garrison fan and I'm jealous that the Canucks got him instead of the Blackhawks. Garrison may appear to be a bit risky, but I think he'll be stellar and likely the best value of all top end UFA defensemen signings. At least I'll get to see Garrison play a lot on TV now.

Congrats Canucks fans, your GM did good.

From the sounds of it Detroit wanted Garrison BAD. They were offering him $5+ million per season, but he left money on the table to play in Vancouver. I believe with Lidstrom retired and $17+ million in cap space (even after today's signings), Detroit could have signed both Suter ($7+ million) and Garisson ($5+ million) and still had room in the cap for another impact player. Glad we got him instead of Detroit because from the look of things, if they sign Suter, they are the team to beat next season to win the cup.

Typical 'he left money on the table' talk, nevermind that he's very much overpaid and locked into 6yrs.

He needed Campbell to be as good as he is. See: Hjarmalsson.

That being said, Florida people loved him and he at 27yrs old isn't a washout like some ufa's out there.

TOML

I don't really like this deal. He's not proven. I hope we didn't give him 4.6 mill for six years to score a few power play goals. He was a minus player even though he got lots of power play time. How is he defensively?. His numbers would suggest he's as good as Hamhuis.

Archived