The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

Hope we actually hang onto him, rather than bundle him up and trade him away. :P

Joking aside (I HOPE) This is a good move. Love to get some hometown guys here, and I think Garrison is going to fit in nicely. I don't think that solves our D problems, but it solidifies our top 4 for sure, now we just need some prospects to hopefully step up or a bottom pairing D-man in a trade and I think we'll be solid back there.

Now time to really focus on another top-6 forward.

There is nothing wrong with Garrison and it's a pretty good get but all of these contracts are getting crazy. A guy with little experience over a couple of seasons with pretty good numbers pulls just shy of $28M over 6 years. Wideman the same. Salo getting a raise? Samuelsson?? It's just silly. I think Gillis does a pretty good job at setting limits and not going crazy on UFA day but it is getting nonsensical.

How can owners pull a lockout when guys with average careers are getting long-term big dollar contracts in a year that the CBA is being renewed?

What in the world are Suter, Parise and Weber going to get? Jordan Staal gets $60M? Is the Suter deal going to be an $80M deal??

This is an excellent signing!

Team had a huge hole to fill with Salo departing earlier today, and we landed the hometown boy at a discounted price. All the retards saying its a bad deal, just stfu. He's getting $4.6 million - Wideman is getting $5+ million and Garrison is much better than that plus Salo signed for $4 mill basically and he'll only play like 55 games max.

Garrison is a great 2 way defender, wont score much 5 on 5 cause he doesn't sacrifice offense for defense, but with him likely to go on the PP with the Sedin's, that's where most points will one from - his bomb of a shot, with the twins setting him up = flood gates are gonna open. He hits quite a lot too and gives up his body to block shots.

...Happy Canada Day all, and at a hometown discounted price at that! Be happy, we got who we needed.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Garrison was a solid shutdown guy the year before and then this past year they put with in a more offensive role with Campbell and blossomed. Hopefully, he can bring that solid package of shutdown capability with smart offense that we crave on our back-end.

The kiddies sure can complain. All that has been posted on here was, get a b.c. Boy, get it done, how come mg never makes a splash for a ufa? Time to look at the glass half full and not half empty. Guarantee that if he would have signed somewhere else then people would complain that he did I not sign here so he is not a Canucks fan. He took a bit of a discount to play with the Canucks. How about wait until the season starts and ends before complaining.

it's just funny to me i remember when some of the fools on this forum was just as excited when Ballard came here. Doesn't anyone realize that the Florida-Vancouver pipeline sucks for us. Luongo was pretty much the only one who worked out. Booth in my mind is a bust.

Archived