The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

There will definitely be an oppurtunity for Garrison to continue his offensive numbers. Lots of people forget florida was a very defensive minded team, with no real offensive stars. Coming to Van, he'll play an uptempo style with better players. I'd say he could easily get 25-30 pts if he is given pp time.

This is a really good signing and we finally replaced an ehrhoff with a player of similar calibre.

It's ridiculous that some of you are actually complaining about his contract and cap hit, and acting like Gillis failed with this signing. Garrison could have easily gotten an extra 2 million if he held out on the free agent market with the same terms. We have some of the best contracts in the NHL with the Sedins, Kes (although last year he did slump), Burrows, Hammy and now Garrison and people still whine.

Everyone who plays for us should play for free for one year contract lengths at a time and win a Stanley Cup or our coaches and GM and everyone sucks!!

Well when players are over paid like Garrison and he seems to be getting better means he has a chance of making the money but as we have seen with players like Ballard they dont always live up to the hype.I think he is only worth 2.5 to 3 mill at very most since he really only has had one good year in the nhl so far.

Well when players are over paid like Garrison and he seems to be getting better means he has a chance of making the money but as we have seen with players like Ballard they dont always live up to the hype.I think he is only worth 2.5 to 3 mill at very most since he really only has had one good year in the nhl so far.

We have just under $6-million in cap room. Realistically that gives us enough to re-sign a few players like Weise and Bitz who are entering free agency and maybe add some depth. We can argue over whether we overpaid for Garrison or not (it's free agency what did you expect) but I think in a few years he will prove to be well worth the money and the term. I really like where we sit after this signing. We have added some size and depth to last years lineup and still have some cap room to add some more depth players if need be.

Obviously we could use another defenseman to replace Rome on our depth chart (Gragnani might fit the bill but I'd rather we had someone a little more defensively responsible) but I think Garrison is a big step in the right direction for us. If we add a few sizable depth players we could really upgrade our team over last years lineup.

I'm also curious as to how Jensen, Gaunce, and Mallet will do in the pre-season. I think if Jensen makes the club he could come up big for us and solve some of our problems in the top-6.

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Jensen*

Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider/Luongo

I like the look of this lineup.

My uncle remembers watching him play for the Clippers. Good size, great shoot, decent skating. Obviously the years of experience in college, and the three in the league has helped him progress. I cannot wait to see what he brings to the table. Best part is that he can train this summer with the rest of the guys, and that should help him transition to our game.

Am I the only one who had never even heard of the guy until that "Canucks high on Garrison's list" thread?

Not blasting him, just saying I guess that comes to show you how much attention I pay to Florida. I thought he was just some 5/6 guy, another Aaron Rome or something

Archived