45 replies to this topic

#1 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Source is TSN Bob Mckenzie (It was on the Hockeybuzz site)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com (Not necessarily Eklund, could be a different writer)

I was scrolling down and saw this. Parise will sign with one of:

NJ, Philly, Detroit, Minnesota, Pittsburgh

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 01 July 2012 - 06:07 PM.

2zi66q8.jpgnv20o20imarksmanx_zpsb4f8b662.jpg?55

small.pngGM - STHS Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck.

#2 Nicklasjensen46

Nicklasjensen46

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

My guess. Minny. Just a feeling. Wont be under the shadows of malkin and crosby.

My 2012 Canucks
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hodgson
Sturm Malhotra Hansen
Sammuelson Lapiere Oreskovich

Hamhuis Bieska
Edler Salo
Tanev Ballard
Luongo Schnieder

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

why do Flyers need him? they already have a talented top 6......Wild it his home town, Pens because of crosby and Malkin, New jersery he was drafted there........detriot winning a cup is high

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

I feel like hes going to minny they will overpay by a large amount
Posted Image

#5 Zach Parise

Zach Parise

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,390 posts

Hope he stays in the east !

#6 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I just hope Pens don't sign him. I hate that team!

On that list I will be excited to see him sign with the Flyers, but I'd be happy with NJ as well

#7 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I dont care where he goes unless its pitts.. they do not need anymore good players.. its like they have unlimited cap..

Posted Image

#8 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I hope he stays in NJ.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#9 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hope he stays in the east !

Ideally he signs with Devils or Wild. I know it sounds silly to want a guy to sign within division but out of the 5 teams they are leats likely to have a shot at the cup. Much rather face him 6 times a year than face him in finals where he is playing with Geno and Sid

#10 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

new jersey needs to keep him or else that franchise is done

#11 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

As long as it's not Detroit or Minnesota, I don't really care. I be pissed if he signs with Detroit, then they sign Suter. Frack.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#12 yogolol

yogolol

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I still say he stays in New Jersey, but if I had to guess if he leaves he goes to Detroit
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#13 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,235 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

So it won't be any of those teams then.

Vancouver?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#14 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Can't stand the Flyes almost as much as the Bruins, hope he steers clear of the orange
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#15 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,866 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Penguins have 11 million in cap space. They can easily snag Parise and Suter. Just hand them the Cup now.
Posted Image

#16 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

NJ, Philly, Detroit, Minnesota, Pittsburgh

Advantages and Disadvantages IMO...

New Jersey

Advantage: No learning curve, already the leader of this team, would be the face of the franchise with Broduer soon to leave even if he returns next year (would get a lot of credit as an individual and legacy if he succeeds here).

Disadvantage: Financially unstable team due to lack of fan support as New Jersey fans tend to split between Philly and New York (not a great fan base). Despite just playing in the cup the team has numerous aging players and is not a Free Agent hotspot.

Philadelphia

Advantage: Provides the smallest social changes off the ice as Philly is just across a bridge and the Flyers practice facilities are in New Jersey as well as many of the players homes. He wouldn't have the process of being the new guy in town off the ice with Philly maintaining the same off the ice crowds. On the ice Parise will get to play his career out with Giroux in an offense happy system likely posting large numbers, in addition as dangerous as Philadelphia is they are such a young team they will likely be competitive for a long time.

Disadvantage: Philadelphia continues to have questions in net and on defense something that always seems to be an issue, he does not fill this void. In addition Philadelphia's front office is as demanding as the fans and has shown they can ship any player out of town at any time likely creating stress and more pressure among players knowing that if they do not produce they or there friends can easily be moved. Being one of the Devils biggest rivals joining them would also likely destroy his reputation to Devils fans.

Detroit

Advantage: Great hockey town, known for success. Looks like they are going all out to fix what went wrong last season

Disadvantage: Aging team that fell apart hard last season with a lot of question marks about the future as the older great players age and leave and an average looking crop on the farm. Outside of riding the legacy they look like a gamble especially with the rest of the division looking like they aren't going away.

Minnesota

Advantage: A low key market but has a strong stable fanbase (not as harsh media wise). Actually needs offensive players more then any of the teams meaning he will probably have the biggest impact here. In addition it was the most watered down division last year meaning the improvement will probably reflect much more here. He would become the face of this team quiet easily.

Disadvantage: More pressure on him as an individual to produce as people will likely expect more then possible out of him on this teams depleted offense. Kind of like New Jersey this isn't a huge free agent hotspot likely meaning his support will likely have to come from drafting or trades and the Wild have not had much boom on the offense with ether category.

Pittsburgh

Advantage: Gets to play with Crosby or Malkin for the rest of his career in a high offensive team likely boosting his numbers, a close to a sure thing to competing for the cup the rest of his career on this team. With Crosby this team will likely give him the biggest exposure boost and likely also get him paid more in marketing.

Disadvantage: Similar to Philadelphia the Penguins fell apart because they couldn't play defense or in net. Parise doesn't solve ether problem and just takes out of the budget to fixing those issues. Also like Philly being a detested rival of the Devils many Devils fans will likely come to resent him.

Penguins have 11 million in cap space. They can easily snag Parise and Suter. Just hand them the Cup now.

I wouldn't say that, that would imply 5.5 million max for each player and I doubt both player takes that much of a discount given it looks like some teams are offering 8 million averages a year long term deals. Signing both under 11 million combined doesn't make sense.

The other 4 teams mentioned all probably have a better chance at getting both as the other 4 teams all have more cap space then the Penguins if I am not mistaken.

#17 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

People realized he finished 59th in scoring and has never been a top 10 overall point guy in all of his career, right?

#18 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

People realized he finished 59th in scoring and has never been a top 10 overall point guy in all of his career, right?

08-09 he was 5th in scoring and 3rd in goals. The next season he was 9th in goals and still over a PPG.

#19 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

No they can't. Parise and Suter will have a combined cap hit of 14 million and no GM will take care of their cap dump in Martin. Plus, they would have to sign some depth forward and defense. They could realistically sign one but not both, not in this market where wideman is getting 5.2 million.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#20 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Those mentioned teams were all guesses by Bob..nothing is confirmed altho he did mention its believed Philly has offered the most.

#21 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Parise? oh please! He's just a boy on skates! At 6'3 and 240 I can play so many more sports than he'll ever know and play them all very well, thanks and I'm just swell!!!
A 24 million dollar bonus???????? I'll take his swollen head, show him what it means to be in the red, and then stick him straight in to the a## of Nonis.

#22 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

POPULAR

Parise? oh please! He's just a boy on skates! At 6'3 and 240 I can play so many more sports than he'll ever know and play them all very well, thanks and I'm just swell!!!
A 24 million dollar bonus???????? I'll take his swollen head, show him what it means to be in the red, and then stick him straight in to the a## of Nonis.

Wtf

#23 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Wtf

According to Team 1040 today, Zach Parise is demanding a 24 million dollar signing bonus, so I just made a little poem for him. Got a problem with that?

#24 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,235 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

According to Team 1040 today, Zach Parise is demanding a 24 million dollar signing bonus, so I just made a little poem for him. Got a problem with that?

Can anyone remind me how signing bonuses work again. They don't affect the cap hit do they?

If all he wants is money, I'm sure the Aquillini's have no problem giving him a huge signing bonus.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#25 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

I for one hope the Wild can lock him up and become a serious playoff team. Koivu, Granlund, Heatley and Parise would definitely have them shed the defense first -image they've created for themselves in the past...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#26 Molli

Molli

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

alright Parise, just stay in the East, please.
Posted Image

#27 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I hope he signs with Canucks, if not Minnesota please. Do not like to see him with Red wings.

#28 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

If I was him, out of the five teams listed and winning a cup was my 1st goal, then the money ... it'd be a no-brainer ... Pittsburgh.

#29 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Can anyone remind me how signing bonuses work again. They don't affect the cap hit do they?

If all he wants is money, I'm sure the Aquillini's have no problem giving him a huge signing bonus.

This would be so cool if we could somehow snag Zach.
Posted Image

#30 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

No they definitely count towards the cap. The only difference with a bonus is you'd get all of the 12 mil up front and not have to get paid every 2 weeks I'm guessing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.