The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Canucks looking for center

It's a risk/reward type thing.

You could say the risk is high because of his history with injuries, but his salary would be low, so IMO the risk is medium. But the thing is, the reward could be very high.

If you're the team that jumps on this guy and he has his first full season of being healthy, it would be a very valuable signing. The guy has a ton of size and skill and is still only 24. Former 8th overall pick to boot.

Could be a prototypical Gillis signing.

Kids, I love how people on here keep saying Bjugstad (who is a very good prospect) but no one has seen him play no knows if he's nhl ready (not to mention he's in US College).....

Even if we get him in a trade he"ll likely finish school or need time in the minors....he's not the solution for Kesler's injury

I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Why don't we just re-up Reinprecht for less and give him a chance. I seem to recall he was a pretty high percentage guy for faceoffs and solid defensively. I know the stats aren't great, but with Raymond might get a few more points. (38 pts for his last full NHL season for a 3rd liner isn't too bad)

I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Why don't we just re-up Reinprecht for less and give him a chance. I seem to recall he was a pretty high percentage guy for faceoffs and solid defensively. I know the stats aren't great, but with Raymond might get a few more points.

Arnott. Langkow. Hudler. Jokinen. Moore. Morrison. Halpern. Wellwood.

I wonder if JA has enough left in the tank. Maybe him and JL would come as a package deal again. Or has Arnott re-signed already?

Archived