• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

(Report) Canucks looking for center

117 posts in this topic

I would love to get Jason Arnott. He's 6'5 220 and he put up 34 points last year, which is not too bad at all. His last salary was 2.5 per so hopefully he would take around 1.5 to 2M.

It's a risk/reward type thing.

You could say the risk is high because of his history with injuries, but his salary would be low, so IMO the risk is medium. But the thing is, the reward could be very high.

If you're the team that jumps on this guy and he has his first full season of being healthy, it would be a very valuable signing. The guy has a ton of size and skill and is still only 24. Former 8th overall pick to boot.

Could be a prototypical Gillis signing.

Mueller is very injury-prone, not a good replacement for an injured player...

I'm sure it's just insurance in case Schroeder can't cut it.

I would imagine we try and and acquire one in the Luongo trade. Like others have said, Bjugstad would be nice.

I am probably alone on this boat but wouldnt mind Jokinen at the right price. Pass first center that would be good fit with Kes

Kids, I love how people on here keep saying Bjugstad (who is a very good prospect) but no one has seen him play no knows if he's nhl ready (not to mention he's in US College).....

Even if we get him in a trade he"ll likely finish school or need time in the minors....he's not the solution for Kesler's injury

I think Olie would just end up on Kes's right wing, which still leaves 3rd hole. He is too offensive to stay on the 3rd line.

I'm sure it's just insurance in case Schroeder can't cut it.

I would imagine we try and and acquire one in the Luongo trade. Like others have said, Bjugstad would be nice.

I cant really think of a good FA 3rd line center, probably via Luongo trade?

I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Why don't we just re-up Reinprecht for less and give him a chance. I seem to recall he was a pretty high percentage guy for faceoffs and solid defensively. I know the stats aren't great, but with Raymond might get a few more points. (38 pts for his last full NHL season for a 3rd liner isn't too bad)

I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Why don't we just re-up Reinprecht for less and give him a chance. I seem to recall he was a pretty high percentage guy for faceoffs and solid defensively. I know the stats aren't great, but with Raymond might get a few more points.

Trading Raymond for a 3rd line center may be an option. We already have enough wingers in the bottom 6, and we clearly need to upgrade a top 6 winger spot.

Might be an option, but I'm not sure who's available.

I still think we need a legit #1 D-man..wasn't that one of our big problems in the first place?

I would love to get Jason Arnott. He's 6'5 220 and he put up 34 points last year, which is not too bad at all. His last salary was 2.5 per so hopefully he would take around 1.5 to 2M.

Arnott. Langkow. Hudler. Jokinen. Moore. Morrison. Halpern. Wellwood.

I wonder if JA has enough left in the tank. Maybe him and JL would come as a package deal again. Or has Arnott re-signed already?

Arnott. Langkow. Hudler. Jokinen. Moore. Morrison. Halpern. Wellwood.

I wonder if JA has enough left in the tank. Maybe him and JL would come as a package deal again. Or has Arnott re-signed already?

Definitely pros and cons to Dominic Moore coming here. Other than the obvious Bertuzzi connection. Awesome in TB's last playoff run. Meh in SJ's. Personal issues.

PETER MUELLER is still out there, why not. All day and went unsigned, can clearly be had for cheap. 1 million 1 year, minimal risk.

"Money ball" type.

Iono if anyone else has mentioned him but I would love Gilbert Brule for 1mil as a depth player, sort of what Ebbett was for us this year and what Tambillini was the year before that.