The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison Signing Opinion

PR

I like this signing, but i'm not sold on the fact that he is a top 4 defencemen, and i dont even think that is a fact. The guy had a good season two years ago and a pretty good season last year. He was playing with bryan cambell which helps, but in vancouver he will be playing with Edler.

From what i've seen, looks like Garrison is a two-way defencemen, the guy can hit, skate, and put up points. He is only 26, so he and Edler can grow together. It is a bit of a gamble, and i would be surprised if Mike Gillis signed garrison without being sure that he is a top 4 dman. We will see though, PLUS, he can quarterback our powerplay, YES!!!

PR my friend it is a great signing. Mark my words you will quickly love the way this guy plays. Yes he played with Campbell, but now he will get the chance to play on an entirely better whole team, an elite team, a contender. He won't just have a Campbell but will get to play with a more high powered offense and on one of the best PP's in the league. He will impress.

I like this signing, but i'm not sold on the fact that he is a top 4 defencemen, and i dont even think that is a fact. The guy had a good season two years ago and a pretty good season last year. He was playing with bryan cambell which helps, but in vancouver he will be playing with Edler.

From what i've seen, looks like Garrison is a two-way defencemen, the guy can hit, skate, and put up points. He is only 26, so he and Edler can grow together. It is a bit of a gamble, and i would be surprised if Mike Gillis signed garrison without being sure that he is a top 4 dman. We will see though, PLUS, he can quarterback our powerplay, YES!!!

The length is the only question mark for me, so hopefully the contract is front loaded. Otherwise cap hit is about best you could realistically hope for and we had a need for another top 4 guy. Im just curious as to what this will all mean for Ballard..

I respect this guy for putting his money where his mouth is, as a BC boy who was a fan of the Nucks, wanted to come here and sacrificed a bit to make it happen... unlike some kid who had the same mind set but spat on an entire province by going to our divisioin rivals instead.

Liking this signing more and more, hopefully he uses his size more and can block shots... anything around 15gs is good enough for me. Offense is not a problem, its playing physical, and blocking shots than wins playoff hockey.

Only concern I have is we have 3 LHS and only 1 RHS in our top 4.

Archived