The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The TEAM 1040

Reading some of the comments in the Dave Pratt to CKNW thread prompted this thread.

I was a long time listener to the TEAM 1040. I was a regular caller on the Rick Ball show. I thought Rick's show was great at the time but now that he's been gone a couple years, I realize how good he really was. The TEAM sucks now. It is unlistenable. And as much as I hated Dave Pratt, I listened to Pratt and Taylor. Now the staion has gone to crap. They don't even have professional broadcasters anymore except Taylor and B Mac. And both of those guy are past their expiry date.

Who hosts the shows now? Matt Sekeres? Jason Botchford ? And how desperate was the station when they gave Paul Chapman a job? What, they couldn't find some guy off the street for cheaper?

I used to tune in once and awhile to see what was going on but the garbage just became too much. After listening to the station from day 1, I no longer listen. They are dead to me. And it feels good :towel:

The brilliance of the Pratt and Taylor show was the genuine friction and difference of opinions between the two that often led to entertaining discussion and conflict. Almost a good cop/bad cop routine. Whether done on purpose or not is debatable, but it was still entertaining to listen too. The fundamental problem with the current B-Mac & Taylor format is that they are both good friends going way back, so they get along too well, resulting in some occasional funny banter, but most of the time they both agree with each other on all issues and the show is usually pretty dry. It's still worth listening too imo, but it's not like it was.

You never knew what was going to happen with Pratt at the helm. Everyone remembers the epic on-air poker fight, what moment from the B-Mac and Taylor show has stood out to you so far? Pratt may have been a huge blow-hard and towards the end he was talking waaaaay too much about politics and the entertainment world, but it was still great radio.

And yes, I really miss the Rick Ball show too. :(

The brilliance of the Pratt and Taylor show was the genuine friction and difference of opinions between the two that often led to entertaining discussion and conflict. Almost a good cop/bad cop routine. Whether done on purpose or not is debatable, but it was still entertaining to listen too. The fundamental problem with the current B-Mac & Taylor format is that they are both good friends going way back, so they get along too well, resulting in some occasional funny banter, but most of the time they both agree with each other on all issues and the show is usually pretty dry. It's still worth listening too imo, but it's not like it was.

You never knew what was going to happen with Pratt at the helm. Everyone remembers the epic on-air poker fight, what moment from the B-Mac and Taylor show has stood out to you so far? Pratt may have been a huge blow-hard and towards the end he was talking waaaaay too much about politics and the entertainment world, but it was still great radio.

And yes, I really miss the Rick Ball show too. :(

rintoul is good, especially with ferraro always making appearances.

sekeres is decent, but blake price is so annoying that it brings down the whole show. where's the baller at?

bmac is god awful. I don't understand why people like this guy, his dry sense of humour falls flat the majority of the time and his "casual" style interviews are awkward to listen to.

he's so bad that he's bringing down taylor if that was even possible. with the lack of entertaining things to talk about, the show falls back on imitating announcers from the 50s, it got old after the first time.

but alas the only people to blame are the morons that wrote in complaining about pratt. even if you didn't like him it was fun to listen in, now, I don't even bother.

I used to like the morning show when B-Mac and Ball were hosting together. It seemed like they never took themselves too seriously and that's what made it entertaining. I remember after the infamous "Phil Simms" interview the whole show went down the toilet and people pretending to be other public figures started calling in. Very few times have I laughed so hard in my life. I used to look forward to Pratt and Taylor as well. As was said they had some good back and forth banter.

I don't mind Rintoul and Ferraro, but listening to Botchford makes me want to strangle that turd. He's whiny and seems to look for any excuse to argue. All though he is pretty knowlegable about other sports, it seems Blake Price only wants to talk hockey. Any other sport it's almost like he loses interest then when they cut back to hockey, he sounds like a 14 year old talking about naked boobs he saw. Sekeris in just plain annoying even though I agree with some of the things he gets flamed for. During the day I'll tune into 1410 to catch a bit of Jim Rome and Dan Patrick just for the sake of not having to listen to the same hockey stories and opinions over and over and over

Listeners made Pratt infamous; you may have hated him but you were still tuning in. I thought BS in the Morning was great as well. Rintoul and BMac had chemistry together, they were funny. Rick Ball was good on his own and Blake Price & Dave Tomlinson had their moments as well. The pairs that they had a few years together worked well. I'd love to see (and hear) all of them back together.

Now it seems like the team1040 just repeats the same story over and over until they've beat it to death.

I wasn't a huge Pratt fan but I listened to him. Now I barely tune into Team 1040 at all. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but they have made huge mistakes in the allotment of on air talent aside from just Pratt.

Archived