The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Salo resigned.....

kj29

If Salo resigned..... our defense pairings (with Garrison) would look TERRIFIC!!!!!

Edler-Garrison

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Salo-Tanev/Ballard

man...it would look sooo beast :lol:

but..of course....gillis just had to be soo stubborn and wouldnt offer Salo a 2 yr deal...

GILLIS MAKES A STUPID MOVE........AGAIN!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry::angry: :angry: :angry:

dammmnn.....oh well, wat can you do.... <_<

All the best to you (Salo) in Tampa! :)

You will be missed greatly by me and most of the fans of the Canucks.... :(

if we signed Salo to the same 3.75 he signed for in Tampa (granted, he would've accepted less to stay, probably 2-2.5 million), it might have made it difficult to sign Garrison. I love Salo and I'll miss him for sure, but it might have been for the best. Similar to the Ohlund situation. Best of luck to Salo in Tampa.

I dont like the name calling around here, but I will say your flat out wrong.

Salo would have been ok as a bottom pairing, but not for 3.75, anyone who thinks different needs to give their head a shake.

I love salo, but im glad hes gone, our blue line needs to get bigger and stronger and tougher, salo was a fringe top 4 guy, he is very good player when he wants to play and is not injured, but he also was not physical and getting older, if we can move ballard i would like one more big strong bottom pairing d men to play with tanev.

Gillis made the right choice. Playing a big strong hard hitting team like the kings, did not make salo look good at all.

I dont like the name calling around here, but I will say your flat out wrong.

Salo would have been ok as a bottom pairing, but not for 3.75, anyone who thinks different needs to give their head a shake.

I love salo, but im glad hes gone, our blue line needs to get bigger and stronger and tougher, salo was a fringe top 4 guy, he is very good player when he wants to play and is not injured, but he also was not physical and getting older, if we can move ballard i would like one more big strong bottom pairing d men to play with tanev.

Gillis made the right choice. Playing a big strong hard hitting team like the kings, did not make salo look good at all.

No,Bieksa's salary is over payment.

Salo made two lousy million dollars last year and Bieksa made 4.5 million in bonuses,alone, and $11.5 million in total pay.

Two million dollars and he led the team in points(edit:PP goals,my bad) for D men,logging up to 25 minutes a night at his age.

Nothing like rewarding your veterans with a proper pay day for their allegiance and the fact they were already GIllis hosed.

What a joke.

No,Bieksa's salary is over payment.

Salo made two lousy million dollars last year and Bieksa made 4.5 million in bonuses,alone, and $11.5 million in total pay.

Two million dollars and he led the team in points for D men,logging up to 25 minutes a night at his age.

Nothing like rewarding your veterans with a proper pay day for their allegiance and the fact they were already GIllis hosed.

What a joke.

Archived