The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Salo was underpaid last year?

kj29

Do you think Salo was underpaid last year?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Salo made two million dollars last year and was top 4,leading all d men in (PP goals) scoring while only playing in 69 games.

Considering he has been $$ hosed the last two years,while carrying the team in the post season with his play and production I still think Gillis is cutting corners on LONG TIME Canucks like Salo and Burr,while lavishing Canuck nobodies like Sundin.

Reward your historical heart n soul guys like Sami.Don't discard them for a half a million bucks.

Gilis fail.

Salo made two million dollars last year and was top 4,leading all d men in scoring while only playing in 69 games.

Considering he has been $$ hosed the last two years,while carrying the team in the post season with his play and production I still think Gillis is cutting corners on LONG TIME Canucks like Salo and Burr,while lavishing Canuck nobodies like Sundin.

Reward your historical heart n soul guys like Sami.Don't discard them for a half a million bucks.

Gilis fail.

Players mostly take paycuts to play on championship contending teams. Salos refusal to sign here is a sign that he doesn't think the team is a true contender.

I think expecting players to take paycuts to play on a winner can't work for the canucks right now. They gotta work with what they have and build championship swagger. But Lu's meltdowns and sheltering, trading away pure offensive players, lack of young player development, cutting raymonds salary rather than trading him and the first round exit don't inspire confidence.

If a player is signing to win, objectively I don't think the Canucks are on top. I think they do have to shake up the core and move at least one piece to get an elite forward and defenseman or else they're a good but not great team. The alternative is better coaching which is being sheltered right now by management.

Although he is by far one of the most dedicated Canucks and I will always be a big fan of his, I don't think we did a disservice to him by not matching his offers elsewhere. If he wants more money, and that is not something the team can afford given all of the factors that go into making such a complex decision, then it's better to part ways in the interest of both parties. Good luck to Salo. I hope that Tampa treats you well and takes into consideration that you need a day off here and there.

Yes. Top-4 d-men, esp. veteran ones, make more than $2mil.

Tampa had a hole on their defense. Can't blame them for giving Salo real top-4 money to man their pp.

That being said, while it'll be odd to see him in a TB jersey, it's been a good run for Sami as a Canuck.

TOML

Considering how shaky we were when he wasn't in the team, definitely underpaid. But at the end of the day it is the player's idea of his own worth that counts.

I think Sami found an environment where he was loved and appreciated and he paid to stay here.........that was good for us.

At the end of this season I think he saw the writing on the wall as his career drew to a close and decided to increase his retirement fund while his stock was high..............I also think Tampa will win a SC before we do, and I think Sami will be part of that. Good luck to him.

Archived