Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

Suter and Ballard

153 members have voted

1. 1. With garrsion here does this spell the immenint trade of Ballad

• yes, hes as good as gone
    • no he will play on the third pairing
  2. 2. with garrison signed will the canucks still go hard for suter

• yes, too good to pass on
    • no, dont need him

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

I think we will look for options for Ballard, but only trade him for a decent return, not purely as a cap dump.

I would love Suter, but it just isn't going to happen.

Gillis isn't going to offer Suter a 12 year deal which is what other teams reportedly are offering.

I'd love to see suter but its lookin like Hockeytown for him.

IMO, with the signing of Kuba, and Allen. Florida would appear poised for a trade, say that dishy young D-Stud Gudbranson. I realize this is wishful thinking, but it does appear Florida may have extra D.

Carle is still floating around and could be had for 4.5 to 5 million. Canucks have 6 million in cap space, but need a center more importantly now. Still, this is a cup-winning defence:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Carle - Ballard

Tanev

Wow. Could use a bit more size but that's still great.

If Gillis had any intention of going after Suter, we most definately would've heard about it on TSN and twitter today, besides, there is no way Gillis can match let alone better any kind of offer that some of the other teams involved have been rumored to have put on the table. The rumored signing bonuses alone are f'n absurd.

Carle is still floating around and could be had for 4.5 to 5 million. Canucks have 6 million in cap space, but need a center more importantly now. Still, this is a cup-winning defence:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Carle - Ballard

Tanev

Wow. Could use a bit more size but that's still great.

I'd like Gudbranson, and only way we get Suter is if Ballard was a pure salary dump- 4.2M going their way, and less than 1M coming our way. But apparently Suter was offered 9M/year for 10 years by detroit. We would also have to clear space in the Luongo trade to make it happen.

IMO, with the signing of Kuba, and Allen. Florida would appear poised for a trade, say that dishy young D-Stud Gudbranson. I realize this is wishful thinking, but it does appear Florida may have extra D.

You for got the options "Yes, but no one is dumb enough to take on that contract" and "No, Gillis has better things to do than to make a pitch for Suter because there is no way he will come here"

Ballard and garrison pairing would be pretty sweet I think, ballard can finally play a bit more offensively without being worried if he makes a mistake.

Ballard wouldn't get picked up off waivers. People want a hockey trade?