The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How would you feel about: A Markus Naslund comeback?

Canuckerbird

I admit, I'm a little bit drunk right now, but I was thinking that if we fail to sign Doan, or another top six forward this offseason, we'd indeed have a real hole in our top six.

Then I thought to myself, what if, (in the event that we're forced to go into the season with Raymond occupying a top six spot) we coax Naslund out of retirement for one year. Surely, even though he hasn't played for two years, Markus would still be a marked improvement over Raymond on Kesler's wing.

Say Markus was willing to sign a one year deal for $1.5 - 2 million...I'd do it.

Hope everyone had a great Canada Day :)

He would have to still honour his NY Rangers contract wouldn't he? He left in year 1 of his 2 year deal.

Could be wrong but not going to happen. He is helping MoDo and that's his focus which is why he got Pahlsson.

I admit, I'm a little bit drunk right now, but I was thinking that if we fail to sign Doan, or another top six forward this offseason, we'd indeed have a real hole in our top six.

Then I thought to myself, what if, (in the event that we're forced to go into the season with Raymond occupying a top six spot) we coax Naslund out of retirement for one year. Surely, even though he hasn't played for two years, Markus would still be a marked improvement over Raymond on Kesler's wing.

Say Markus was willing to sign a one year deal for $1.5 - 2 million...I'd do it.

Hope everyone had a great Canada Day :)

Archived