The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks preparing for Rick Nash

Nash to Van won't happen in a million years. Speculate all you want, but its just not happening. We have a much better chance for Doan (Phoneix ownership fail) or Weber (Rebuild). None of these parts are in our hands, but we can hope

Well that certainly is not a given. Maybe Gillis is working on getting a top prospect for Lu like Bjustad and would then maybe send Bjustad, Raymond, Tanev,Schroder and a 1st for Nash. Just because Lu would not go to Columbus does not mean that we couldn't use him to gain assets to get Nash for something Columbus wants.

He doesn't need to tell me when it's not hard to find when you search his name on the internet. Nash has a no trade clause if you didn't know this already, and just like Luongo Nash has to pick the teams he wants to be traded to, he just can't be traded to any team. Nash submitted a list of teams last Winter before the trade deadline and Canucks weren't on that list and according to sources Nash is using the same list, but added Carolina to it, but now we know Carolina is out and it's back to the same 5 teams as before and Canucks are not one of them.

I'm not sure why people get so bent out of shape about him. He says all over the place that all he's doing is reporting rumors and what he's hearing about general discussions.

Do people really think that one GM picks up the phone, calls another GM and within 15 min, they have a team altering trade hammered out? I'm sure if a GM is looking to move a player along the lines of Nash, that GM is going to be talking to EVERYONE! I'd be surprised if MG didn't have at least some level of interest and at least low level discussions about it and that's all that's really been suggested.

He does get some right as well. He said a few days ago that Jagr was talking with Dallas. Guess where he signed!

He doesn't say anywhere that "this is what's GOING to happen", just who he is hearing is talking.

This is rumor season. Enjoy it! If you don't like listening to rumors from him, then don't read them is the simplest solution!!!

I'm not sure why people get so bent out of shape about him. He says all over the place that all he's doing is reporting rumors and what he's hearing about general discussions.

Do people really think that one GM picks up the phone, calls another GM and within 15 min, they have a team altering trade hammered out? I'm sure if a GM is looking to move a player along the lines of Nash, that GM is going to be talking to EVERYONE! I'd be surprised if MG didn't have at least some level of interest and at least low level discussions about it and that's all that's really been suggested.

He does get some right as well. He said a few days ago that Jagr was talking with Dallas. Guess where he signed!

He doesn't say anywhere that "this is what's GOING to happen", just who he is hearing is talking.

This is rumor season. Enjoy it! If you don't like listening to rumors from him, then don't read them is the simplest solution!!!

He doesn't need to tell me when it's not hard to find when you search his name on the internet. Nash has a no trade clause if you didn't know this already, and just like Luongo Nash has to pick the teams he wants to be traded to, he just can't be traded to any team. Nash submitted a list of teams last Winter before the trade deadline and Canucks weren't on that list and according to sources Nash is using the same list, but added Carolina to it, but now we know Carolina is out and it's back to the same 5 teams as before and Canucks are not one of them.

Oh and last time I checked I would trust Yahoo Sports over Eklund any day, but I guess you want to continue to trust Eklund and have wet dreams at night hoping Nash will be coming to Vancouver and Eklund is right.

Archived