The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks preparing for Rick Nash

At 7.8 mil/6yrs his cap hit isn't all that bad now compared to Parise and Suter (13yrs 7.5aav)

Hmm you might be on to something.. this I wouldn't mind seeing

And we might have some money left over to steal Doan B)

Sedin Sedin Nash

Booth Kesler Doan

Higgins Lapierre Burrows

Hansen Malhotra Kassian

Pinizzotto Ebbett

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Alberts Tanev

Joslin

Connauton

Sauve

Schneider

Lack

Take that Minnesota Nash, Doan > Prise, Suter ANYDAY

sooooooooooooooooo sexyyy :bigblush:

Wow, does even a single person in this thread realize that the OP was wrong (and mis-read everything)??? Eklund never said the Canucks were preparing an offer for Nash - he only said they wanted the Nash Sweeps to be over and done with (as that's one of the things holding up the Luongo trade).

well played.

it'll be odd to see him in that uniform

unlike the other Nash, he was apparently worth four assets...

but apologies to those of you who want Rick, if I'm not taking this thread seriously enough.

This is some of Eklund's finest speculation.

Well, according to CDC, Nash won't waive to come to Vancouver and Luongo won't waive to go to Columbus....

....sounds like a match made in heaven.

I guess it boils down to how badly these two really want to get out of their current situations. As I see it, Nash would be playing for a Cup contender and Louie would be out of the Canadian media limelight, be the clear #1 and be that much closer to his off-season home.

I think if Howson and Gillis went to their respective players and said this is the best deal we can get for you, the two of them might consider it, especially considering the prospect of having to spend another year with their current teams.

As far as the deal itself goes, I'd do Luongo plus a mid-tier player or prospect. That's it. If Howson wants more, he can give Slats another try.

Oh look, another retarded proposal that the Canucks end up fleecing CBJ & Florida. Give your head a shake. Yeah we all want to win deals but there's not a chance in hell this deal ever comes to fruition because its plain lunacy.

Not to mention Rick Nash will never come to Vancouver because he has a list of teams and the Canucks are not on that list!

VANCOUVER

Gives:

Kesler

Luongo

Schroeder

Raymond (RFA)

1st (2013)

Gets:

Nash

Johansen

Theodore

FLORIDA

Gives:

Weiss

Theodore

1st (2013)

Gets:

Luongo

Raymond (RFA)

COLUMBUS

Gives:

Nash

Johansen

Gets:

Kesler

Weiss

Schroeder

1st (Florida 2013)

1st (Vancouver 2013)

This might appear to thin us down the middle, but with Gaunce nearly NHL ready and Lappy still young-ish and Johansen centering the 2nd line we have enough depth for now + the future.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,190,000; BONUSES: $1,075,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,000

Canucks can then try and swing a trade & sign for Weber, something along the lines of Edler + Ballard + Rodin for Weber, with that 7.45 Million in cap space opens up. Take into account Manny coming off the books next season, a moderate raise for Burrows (3 to 3.25) Doan coming off the books in either 1 or 2 years (depending on term) we have enough room to re-sign Johansen once ELC is up and still have room for depth acquisitions.

By this time, Jensen and Gaunce should be NHL regulars and Kassian developing at a nice pace, also Theodore would be off the books next season and Lack up.

Archived