The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks preparing for Rick Nash

I am a fan of the turkey ham and swiss with lettuce, thinly sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion, a smattering of mayo and deli mustard on either soudough or multi-grain (depends on my mood, lol). I usually pour a big glass of cola over lots of ice and let it fizz out so it's a tad flat. I then take these two to the coffee table and turn the old flatscreen to Comcast 419, eat my sammy and sip my soda and watch as Eklund rumours are flatly rebuked by real experts, analysts, GMs, players, and agents. I then copy and paste Eklund's rumors to one big Word document, print it out on some nice soft paper, hit the head, drop a duece and wipe with Eklund's credibility. Very satisfying, all in all.

Never happening, but Schneider for Nash straight up would be sweet, but they'd have to throw in a lot more. Star goalie is far more important to a team's success than a 40 goal scorer. Make them throw in a defenceman for depth and then we're talking.

The problem isn't that he doesn't actually have all this information coming into him. He absolutely does get all this info he puts out. The problem is; and what people don't seem to understand, is that he puts out every little tidbit of information he gets regardless of how credible it may be. That wouldn't be a problem if he didn't have his rating system...but that's also what makes him so much more popular (read: irritating) than his counterparts.

He's probably accurate 100% of the time but only in that he received information from "inside sources." "Inside sources" however is a pretty relative term. The only reason he's able to do what he does though is because people pay attention. It's like the WWE. It's ridiculously stupid and moderately juvenile but it's pretty entertaining...even if only ironically.

Luongo Edler Jensen 1st

Nash, Johansen

Sign Matt Carle to a huge deal.

Sedin Sedin Nash

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Johansen Hansen

Lapierre Manny Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Carle Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

The onions have to be thinly sliced though; Red onions are usually overpowering.

It's funny. I vacillate on the sourdough. I mostly love it, but for some reason, there are the odd times when it doesn't sound appealing. Inexplicable. My go-to, when I can't decide on which bread, is multi-grain. I just love the crunch and texture of the seeds and grains. Almost like another topping.

I'm also fond of the "Day-After-Thanksgiving" Sammich. Turkey (I prefer dark meat), sourdough (again, your choice), cranberry sauce (or jelly), cream cheese, with just a smidge of mayo on each slice of bread. Simple, declicious. The key to this one is to pile on the toppings (except the mayo, very important to use only a small amount of mayo). Too light on the toppings and it loses its decadent, self-indulgent satisfaction. Have an afghan blanket at the ready because the onset of the nap is rapid, lol.

Archived