The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've had budgies with longer memories..........

Bodee

Honestly, how many ass kickings do we have to take until we start building for a Stanley Cup?

Personally I was gutted when we didn't learn lessons after we were "molested" out of the finals.

Then I thought we would "man up" before the playoffs. We did but it turned out young Kassian was still in diapers.

We were shown the door by LA and I sat in awe as this team who finished 8th pummelled us into submission.................Ah well I thought MG will have seen this and big things will happen and steps will be taken to toughen up for next season.

But NO.

First we show interest in a College guy a strong wind would blow over.

Then we sign a top four D who has as much push back, it would seem (unless I am missing something) as Mason Raymond on a bad day.

Now idiots on here foam at the mouth about Jokinen and Versteeg

WTF!

Do we really want to win the Stanley Cup? I am seriously beginning to doubt it.

The grit / push back that makes the difference as far as I can see is NOT in the 3rd and 4th lines it's where the real battles take place...........the 1st and 2nd lines in both offence AND defence.

When is this team going to get back to basic principles. The D is for first and foremost keeping goals out of our net and ensuring our goalie is NOT molested.

The offence is for getting goals 5 on 5 and in particularly from the forward trio. We have lived for too long on the PP at this Club and it's high time we started taking names and kicking asses.

We are already known as pushovers and divers, is this an attempt to enhance our PP figures? If so we need to get our priorities right.

MG, I'm not impressed with your FIRST BIG MOVE. Unlike many on here I have a very good memory.

if the finals were called fair then the need for thugs would not be there getting a penalty for getting punched in the face 10 times is not a fair call... if they made the calls it would have been different. also having our toughest D get a suspension for a clean hit didn't help us in the toughness department either.

even if we have legit Heavy Weights on the team they will just get tossed out of the game before they can make an impact..ie Kassian against LA...

Honestly, how many ass kickings do we have to take until we start building for a Stanley Cup?

Personally I was gutted when we didn't learn lessons after we were "molested" out of the finals.

Then I thought we would "man up" before the playoffs. We did but it turned out young Kassian was still in diapers.

We were shown the door by LA and I sat in awe as this team who finished 8th pummelled us into submission.................Ah well I thought MG will have seen this and big things will happen and steps will be taken to toughen up for next season.

But NO.

Then we sign a top four D who has as much push back, it would seem (unless I am missing something) as Mason Raymond on a bad day.

WTF!

The grit / push back that makes the difference as far as I can see is NOT in the 3rd and 4th lines it's where the real battles take place...........the 1st and 2nd lines in both offence AND defence.

When is this team going to get back to basic principles. The D is for first and foremost keeping goals out of our net and ensuring our goalie is NOT molested.

The offence is for getting goals 5 on 5 and in particularly from the forward trio. We have lived for too long on the PP at this Club and it's high time we started taking names and kicking asses.

We are already known as pushovers and divers, is this an attempt to enhance our PP figures? If so we need to get our priorities right.

MG, I'm not impressed with your FIRST BIG MOVE. Unlike many on here I have a very good memory.

All you've really stated is opinion. Here are the facts

Hits

Game 1 Nucks 26 Kings 28 L 2-4

Game 2 Nucks 45 Kings 32 L 2-4

Game 3 Nucks 31 Kings 31 L 0-1

Game 4 Nucks 26 Kings 50 W 3-1

Game 5 Nucks 30 Kings 39 L 2-1

Total 158 180

Your OPINION is that the Canucks lost because they were out hit. My FACTS show the difference in hits over the 5 games 22 (or 4 per game) is neglible. Therefore, your opinion is weak at best. Interestingly, the Canucks won when they were outhit by the largest margin so I could argue they play better when out hit.

When fit (and motivated.....that seems to be a factor in our case) we have a great team............but it has flaws and the same ones keep popping up again and again. What do you "hope" would have happened if Perry had been on the ice when Henrik was cheap shotted by Keith or when Daniel was face wiped by Marchand?

But NO.

WTF!

If you think that then Victor J. Oreskovich has been wasted in Chicago at 6'-3" and 225 lbs. Come on man don't be so simplistic. There is more to grit and pushback than size but combine it with size and its an ace in the hole.

Here is something from one of my other threads. This is Cameron Gaunce's older brother by one year and if Brendan has any of his "smedum" (a Scots word meaning guts) and I know he has, then we are in for a treat. How many guys in our team would have done this?

THIS IS PUSHBACK.

notice how different styles of teams win every year , you dont mold your team after every winner , You claim to have a good memory but you seem to forget almost our whole defense was either out or playing with severe injurys in the 2011 finals

Do you honestly believe fighting these guys will change the way they play?

Fighting Marchand will not change the way he plays.

Fighting Lucic will not change the way he plays.

Fighting Perry will not change the way he plays.

Fighting Brown will not change the way he plays.

Has fighting Torres changed the way he plays? Nope.

They've all been fought. Has it change the way they play? Nope. Not at all. The way they play is what got them to the NHL You want somebody to fight them to make YOU feel better. It won't change injuries that have already occurred nor will it change the way they play.

Thats not the objective of fighting. Youre not trying to "reform" the player, youre simply sending a message.

No one cares how a player plays against other teams, the only thing that matters is how they play against yours.

Fighting is the appropriate response because it sends a specific message, and it usually works.

Honestly I dont understand why the OP is getting so much grief, this has been an issue for a while now and the Canucks havent done anything to address it.

Imo I think a lot of posters around here get so hung up on defending the team and organization no matter what happens, and do not seem willing to acknowledge the obvious flaws, one of which Bodee has pointed out.

I think he just wants the team to be successful, but he has some concerns as is normal for any fan. This is what has always confused me around here.

Being frank about team issues is much preferable to ignoring them Imo. There are too many sensitive posters around here who will not accept any criticism about the team.

OP incase you didn't know, there was this 6'0 foot and 176 lbs guy David Krejci that had most points that 10/11 playoff season when Boston went all the way. Just because a guy is build like a freaking tank doesn't alone make him a great player. It's good to have big players, ofc, but it's a myth that they're better than smaller players in the playoffs just because they are bigger and heavier. Versteeg is a great playoff performer, that's a fact. If you're talking about struggling with scoring in the playoffs, then i can't see why you wouldn't want Versteeg when he hasn't really struggled with scoring in his whole playoff-career in the NHL.

Archived