The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Jason Garrison's goals 2011/12 NHL season

Patrick Kane

What impressed me the most is that there were only 3 or 4 wrist shots of all the goals he's scored - the rest were absolute bombs. More importantly, they're mostly from way out, not even in the slot. He's often right on the blueline or worse, at the corner of the offensive zone and still finds a way to bomb it through.

Even more impressive is the complete lack of a screen most of the time and the quality of goalies he's beating 1-on-1. I'd definately say his shot is far more deadly than Salo's, and the Sedins are going to really rack up the assists with Garrison on the 1st unit powerplay. MG hasn't just replaced Salo's loss, he's upgraded at that position with this weapon.

Finally someone on the blue line who will just fire one timers. To many times, whether it was salo, bieksa, or edler, we were afraid to shoot, we would stop pause, look around, then decide to shoot or pass, giving teams way to much time prepare.

A One time guy like this was really needed.

How about some excitement from some CDC'ers on our new D-Man? He's from BC, he's 6'3 and 220lbs, he can skate and he's got one of the best one-timers from the point.

He is our Salo replacement and looks ready take over that role. He's dependable on both ends, and more over he and Campbell got the Panthers to the finals last season after 10 years?

He took less money to come here even though you naysayers will say he was overpaid. If you didn't notice with the Cap increase, players were going to be a bit overpaid. Seeing as he was offered up to 5.5m elsewhere....

Anyways here's a clip by HTTN on all 16 goals from last season:

PS: I would love to have Versteeg on our team feeding him one-timers.

I know that the odds are we will like him for his defensive play. His goals last year may not equate to his goals this coming year. But we know he is a fantastic young Dman. We know he is passionate about Vancouver, and we know he has a very good chance at panning out to be the Canucks version of Mike Green. WOW. Oh and did I mention that his +6 was the best on the team last year?

Okay, so the Mike Green comment is certainly overly optimistic, but the point is, not only is he a great defender, he has some offense, which we NEED for this years run.

I know that the odds are we will like him for his defensive play. His goals last year may not equate to his goals this coming year. But we know he is a fantastic young Dman. We know he is passionate about Vancouver, and we know he has a very good chance at panning out to be the Canucks version of Mike Green. WOW. Oh and did I mention that his +6 was the best on the team last year?

Okay, so the Mike Green comment is certainly overly optimistic, but the point is, not only is he a great defender, he has some offense, which we NEED for this years run.

Archived