The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Jason Garrison's goals 2011/12 NHL season

Patrick Kane

Very impressive shot. Looking forward to this guy. What I also got from the video was how fantastic Campbell is at quarterbacking a PP. The way he controls the tempo and flow is Neidermayer esque.

The difference between FLA and the Canucks PP is that Hank controls the pp from the half boards, I hope Garrison Is ready to receive precision saucer passes from 30 fr away through 3 defenders!

I know that the odds are we will like him for his defensive play. His goals last year may not equate to his goals this coming year. But we know he is a fantastic young Dman. We know he is passionate about Vancouver, and we know he has a very good chance at panning out to be the Canucks version of Mike Green. WOW. Oh and did I mention that his +6 was the best on the team last year?

Okay, so the Mike Green comment is certainly overly optimistic, but the point is, not only is he a great defender, he has some offense, which we NEED for this years run.

Nearly all his goals are slappers from the point and he keeps it low and on net. Just hoping his wind up/shot to breaking stick ratio isn't anywhere near Edler's. Should be a fine addition to the PP, at least until he adapts that nasty habit of intentionally shooting wide.

Hope he uses his shot often and doesn't mind shooting through/at people, unlike Salo who was too much of a humanitarian in that regard. PP is a constant interplay of adjusting between threats from down low and from the point and when defenders learn that you won't shoot just because they're in the way is when the PP efficiency plummets.

Finally someone on the blue line who will just fire one timers. To many times, whether it was salo, bieksa, or edler, we were afraid to shoot, we would stop pause, look around, then decide to shoot or pass, giving teams way to much time prepare.

A One time guy like this was really needed.

Archived