The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Jason Garrison's goals 2011/12 NHL season

Patrick Kane

Thanks for posting. Great signing MG...top 4 dman entering his prime that cost 0 assets, locked up long term. Replaces Salo's shot, adds 120+ hits, natural right side D partner for Edler, and high level shut down skills. Also BC boy that took a discount to play here. 3rd best Dman available on the market. Anyone complaining about this signing is freaking nuts.

Anyone else notice the teams he scored on did not have the best goalies ?

What a shot though , going to miss salo but i hope Garrison will make up for it.

If we had gotten Shultz as well that would have been nice.

So many of the same goal--same gorgeous slapper from the point.

By my count the first 13 of 16 were of that type.

Considering his 2-way game, I'm happy with the pickup. But.... lets not get too excited--highlights can do that. People comparing him to all-stars should wait a year or two.

Anyone else notice the teams he scored on did not have the best goalies ?

What a shot though , going to miss salo but i hope Garrison will make up for it.

If we had gotten Shultz as well that would have been nice.

Gillis is looking to him to help shore up an inconsistent power play. Garrison has a chance to strengthen the left side, where Alex Edler has shouldered much of the responsibility, but the new Canuck said he is also comfortable playing on the right.

Garrison, who was not drafted and describes himself as very strong two-way player and a late bloomer, said his phone has not stopped ringing since news of his signing broke. Friends and family, happy about his homecoming, have called with their good wishes.

Now, Garrison just needs to adjust to playing in a hockey-mad market after toiling in a non-traditional one.

"I'm learning right now," Garrison said. "It's definitely going to be different, and it's going to be a learning experience, but I really look forward to it."

damn i really think hes going to have himself a christian erhoff like season

and he wont leave after they establish something good like erhoff cause hes here for 6 years

two bc boys on the back ends , ones a shutdown guy ones got one hell of a shot

Archived