The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Frans Nielsen

Every time I have seen this guy play I have been impressed and I think the only thing we are lacking right now is a third line center who can fill in for Kesler while he is out with the injury.

What would it take to get Nielsen from the Islanders? would love to see him and Hansen play together.

To NYI:

Keith Ballard

Jordan Schroeder

To VAN:

Frans Nielsen

Maybe we are giving up too much.

Islanders were looking at Ballard earlier in the year and he would be a good fit for them.

Visnosky - Streit

Ballard - Hamonic

would be a very good top 4.

Yeah I've thought of getting him before, good thing is the Islanders have a lot of good talented centers, so they could be willing to part ways with him.

To NYI: Ballard, Schroeder, 2nd 2013

To Van: Nielsen

Most people will disagree with this, but i don't think too many people actually know how good this guy is.

Last year 47 points, -3 on the Islanders, and I've heard he's good defensively as well.

If I was the islanders I would really consider this trade I think Jordan Schroeder might not be the right player for the islanders and he could be replaced for a 2nd round draft pick in 2013 which is said to be a very deep draft. It makes a lot of sense for bith teams as the islanders only add about 1 mil to their cap but it helps them reach the cap floor and it would benefit their team. Ballard makes them better and they have centers like strome, Nelson, and cizikas coming up anyways.

Nielsen would be an amazing 3C to have on our team. He is amazing defensively and underrated offensively. He got the chance last year to work the point on the 1st pp with Streit and did a pretty good job.

If we want Nielsen, I think we would have to offer up Lack. NYI has almost no goalie prospects and have depth in pretty much all their other positions. I also believe are their last draft and acquision of Carkner, they are not looking for anymore NHL Dmen.

Visnovsky-Streit

MacDonald-Hamonic

Carkner-De Haan/Eaton

VAN:

Eddie Lack

NYI:

Frans Nielsen

???

It would leave use questionable in goal for the AHL next season but I would do it.

Archived