The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL reduces Raffi Torres Suspension by 4 games

DarrenDreger:

25 games for Torres was orginally assessed to ban him for remainder of playoffs. New hearing because of appeal. Torres missed 13 playoff gms

DarrenDreger:

Add the additional 8 regular season games still to be served and you get to the 21 game suspension announced today.

That was a clean hit, shoulder to the chest. Looks like Torres leaped into that hit though.

Regardless of whether it was a head-shot, that suspension was completely unfair. With all the other crap going on, he got singled out and was given a suspension more than all the others combined. Where is the consistency? How is that fair to all the other victims?

I'm all for 20+ games suspensions to help deter headshots, but don't change the rules whenever you feel like it. Shannaban fail.

Don't worry guys. No names get 25+ games for a hockey hit where as Keith gets 5 reg. season games for intentially elbowing and trying to injure another player. LOL. What a f***in joke.

Shanny needs to give his head a ****ing shake after this stunt he pulled. Duncan Keith elbows Daniel in the face and gets a slap on the wrist, and Torres places a solid open ice hit that injured a soft player at best, gets the book thrown at him. What a effing joke. There is no consistency with the officiating and disciplinary anymore.

UFA - I'd take him on the 3rd/4th line for 2 years @ $1.5MM over the myriad of plugs, Wiese, Volpatti, Pinizotto, etc etc they've been running out there. Seeing what Moen, Prust and Tootoo are getting these days. I'm sure he would be happy to come here.

He is defensively responsible, has a 'reputation' that will make other team's stay honest if they know there is a 'loose cannon' on the opposing squad.

Archived