The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Panthers OUT ON LUONGO + Dreger slams Eklund Roflcopter

It must be frustrating for guys like Mckenzie and Dreger because they work so hard to maintain a level of professionalism and honesty to their reporting and then guys like Eklund come along and make reporters and the sports media look like a bunch of sourceless clowns

where you hear this?? wouldnt be suprised tho. they have clemmonson, thedore and markstrom.. gillis is stupid and is asking to much in return. its more about getting rid of the 10 year 5.5 mil cap hit then it is who you get back,, as long as it isnt komiserik or jovo type player coming back.. schenn for lou woulda been nice.. i still think he will go to toronto but i feel like gillis is losing his trading partners by waiting so long.. cant have lou here in oct thats for sure.

The Eklund formula:

Find a talented player that is:

1) Pending free agency.

2) Reported in the media as unhappy with the club.

3) Lacks a no movement clause (Sometimes you can get away with it if he has one)

4) Looks like a good fit in a trade capwise.

Then insert a team like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, New York, Chicago, Boston, ect. so you get a lot of traffic with your website.

traffic= money from ads.

Example: Sources tell me Nash for Luongo a done deal...

Watch people flock to your website.

Why is everyone saying we should get rid of Luongo purely to dump his salary? Correct me if I'm wrong but unless Gillis decides to go after one of the big fish, do we not have enough money to sign a reasonably priced top 9 forward? What's wrong with starting the season with the best 1-2 goalie punch in the league, or at least waiting until a trade arrises that will benifit both teams rather then just throwing away a former vesina nominee

So on to more intelligent debate...

I feel like MG isn't necessarily waiting out Tallon or Burke. Do any of you think he may be waiting out Luongo? The closer the season gets, Luongo will understand that he doesn't want to be back up, and worse yet, get waived to the Wolves. He doesn't appear to be the guy (or doesn't want to be perceived as the guy) who's vetoing trades.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's earned his NMC and it's within his right to exercise what he bargained for, but it's becoming clear that if Luongo were to open up more teams he's willing to go, MG will instantly have more leverage.

Columbus (obviously), Chicago (Crawford meh), San Jose (Niemi meh), Ottawa (Anderson meh), Islanders, Anaheim (maybe) etc.

I love Samjam99! A young guy shows some flair, gets a lot of twitter followers and is able to actually get his tweets on TSN? I applaud that. His accuracy isn't the issue. All of these guys just comment. Obviously guys like Dreger and MacKenzie have more access and sources but it's still fun that different guys can garner different information form the odd source and occasionally beat the experts.

Why some get so upset I don't know. It's all kind of fun and it makes the guys for the big networks work even harder because there is serious competition out there.

Samjam99 please keep at it! Keep getting all these guys all fired up!

Archived