The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Panthers OUT ON LUONGO + Dreger slams Eklund Roflcopter

Samjam99 has provided NO insight during this offseason whatsoever and appears to be a re-tweeter. That's it.

Eklund continues to throw out wild curveballs with the hope that something sticks. If he's right, he looks like a prophet. But he has NO insight whatsoever either.

Let's just wait for Bobby Mac saying that it's done. He and maybe Kyper now and then are the only guys worth paying attention to this time of year. Lebrun, Spector and Strickland aren't even good enough.

For laughable entertainment, see SamJam, Incarcerated Bob, Eklund and other blog-proclaimed 'insiders.' Regards.

TOML

In a way, i kinda feel sorry for Samir. He probably didn't expect this kind of backlash. But that's the risk you take when you have bloggers start claiming that you're some sortof prophet when in fact you got absolutely nothing.

I'd damn those silly bloggers first, then Samir. Well, both really. What a joke.

TOML

When will people stop thinking Eklund is actually a viable source?

The guy is a hackjob, and Dreger called him out. I'm sure Dreger had more "pleasant" things to say, but was professional enough not to.

Eklund is a joke, and anyone who actually thinks Eklund is legit needs to give their head a shake.

So on to more intelligent debate...

I feel like MG isn't necessarily waiting out Tallon or Burke. Do any of you think he may be waiting out Luongo? The closer the season gets, Luongo will understand that he doesn't want to be back up, and worse yet, get waived to the Wolves. He doesn't appear to be the guy (or doesn't want to be perceived as the guy) who's vetoing trades.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's earned his NMC and it's within his right to exercise what he bargained for, but it's becoming clear that if Luongo were to open up more teams he's willing to go, MG will instantly have more leverage.

Columbus (obviously), Chicago (Crawford meh), San Jose (Niemi meh), Ottawa (Anderson meh), Islanders, Anaheim (maybe) etc.

So on to more intelligent debate...

I feel like MG isn't necessarily waiting out Tallon or Burke. Do any of you think he may be waiting out Luongo? The closer the season gets, Luongo will understand that he doesn't want to be back up, and worse yet, get waived to the Wolves. He doesn't appear to be the guy (or doesn't want to be perceived as the guy) who's vetoing trades.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's earned his NMC and it's within his right to exercise what he bargained for, but it's becoming clear that if Luongo were to open up more teams he's willing to go, MG will instantly have more leverage.

Columbus (obviously), Chicago (Crawford meh), San Jose (Niemi meh), Ottawa (Anderson meh), Islanders, Anaheim (maybe) etc.

The Eklund formula:

Find a talented player that is:

1) Pending free agency.

2) Reported in the media as unhappy with the club.

3) Lacks a no movement clause (Sometimes you can get away with it if he has one)

4) Looks like a good fit in a trade capwise.

Then insert a team like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, New York, Chicago, Boston, ect. so you get a lot of traffic with your website.

traffic= money from ads.

Example: Sources tell me Nash for Luongo a done deal...

Watch people flock to your website.

Archived