Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Eklund] Panthers OUT ON LUONGO + Dreger slams Eklund Roflcopter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#61 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I love Samjam99! A young guy shows some flair, gets a lot of twitter followers and is able to actually get his tweets on TSN? I applaud that. His accuracy isn't the issue. All of these guys just comment. Obviously guys like Dreger and MacKenzie have more access and sources but it's still fun that different guys can garner different information form the odd source and occasionally beat the experts.

Why some get so upset I don't know. It's all kind of fun and it makes the guys for the big networks work even harder because there is serious competition out there.

Samjam99 please keep at it! Keep getting all these guys all fired up!

The only thing I like about Samjam is his youtube videos.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#62 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I love Samjam99! A young guy shows some flair, gets a lot of twitter followers and is able to actually get his tweets on TSN? I applaud that. His accuracy isn't the issue. All of these guys just comment. Obviously guys like Dreger and MacKenzie have more access and sources but it's still fun that different guys can garner different information form the odd source and occasionally beat the experts.

Why some get so upset I don't know. It's all kind of fun and it makes the guys for the big networks work even harder because there is serious competition out there.

Samjam99 please keep at it! Keep getting all these guys all fired up!

SamJam is a joke, he started off good but then he seemed to go on a guessing game, Luongo to Toronto at the draft 90% done, then a few days ago saying that Luongo has been traded to Florida, the kid is destroying the little rep he got from the Booth and Hodgson trade with his guessing game he's now playing.

#63 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Weak Sources!
Posted Image

#64 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Was just listening to TEAM 1040 online and they just said they talked to dale Tallon and to paraphrase, they said they are fine seeing clemensen and theodore fighting for the starter slot in the new season.

#65 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Why can't Eklund be in the list of Invalid Sources?

There has been petitions, several times. People seem to think someone from Hockeybuzz either pays of our mods, or they work for Hockeybuzz.

#66 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

SamJam is a joke, he started off good but then he seemed to go on a guessing game, Luongo to Toronto at the draft 90% done, then a few days ago saying that Luongo has been traded to Florida, the kid is destroying the little rep he got from the Booth and Hodgson trade with his guessing game he's now playing.

Dont forget he clarified by saying it was 90% done and would be concluded by the draft and if not then by july 1st.

#67 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

People need to remember, if Luongo wants to be a starter next season, he may have to start considering teams that we wouldn't think he'd waive his NTC for.

Posted Image~Biznow

#68 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Dont forget he clarified by saying it was 90% done and would be concluded by the draft and if not then by july 1st.

both of which have long since past.

#69 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

He will be traded. But where?
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#70 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Only idiots actually follow those guys anyways
Posted Image

#71 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Only idiots actually follow those guys anyways

Funny how you followed them into this topic! :frantic:

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#72 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Please do not use SamJam as a source. He's already been warned not to post himself as a source on here and anyone else who does will be warned as well. So it's best if everyone just let it drop.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#73 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

So what's going on now? Florida out?
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#74 Stefanovich

Stefanovich

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Yeah and we were out on Garrison too, who says its Luongo thats going anyways, could be Schnieder going somewhere as a blockbuster ie, Nash or Ryan. Now that Schnieder is signed we can trade him.

#75 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Eklunds response, sounds like a child.

“@Eklund: @DarrenDreger lol…ok…I heard otherwise.  we'll see I guess.  I also added a tweet minutes after the first saying things can always change.”
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#76 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

“@Eklund: @DarrenDreger lol…ok…I heard otherwise. we'll see I guess. I also added a tweet minutes after the first saying things can always change.”

What a clown.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#77 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I don't understand these rumour guys. How do Samjam and Eklund make money?
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#78 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,510 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

We need to send Dregger a huge thank you letter or flowers guys..... honestly... we don't know what the intentions are. Any Luongo rumor is huge right now, maybe Dreger is relying on Luongo rumors, for popularity. But thank him.

That being said, looks like it will be a while until LUongo gets traded.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#79 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

where you hear this?? wouldnt be suprised tho. they have clemmonson, thedore and markstrom.. gillis is stupid and is asking to much in return. its more about getting rid of the 10 year 5.5 mil cap hit then it is who you get back,, as long as it isnt komiserik or jovo type player coming back.. schenn for lou woulda been nice.. i still think he will go to toronto but i feel like gillis is losing his trading partners by waiting so long.. cant have lou here in oct thats for sure.

You lost me at "Gillis is stupid" .. :picard:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#80 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

I don't understand these rumour guys. How do Samjam and Eklund make money?

Eklund has a site, where he makes money off of, ex. advertisement.
Doubt Samjam gets anything out of this but look like a clown.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#81 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

both of which have long since past.

I was adding that info in because he had come on here butthurt that people were calling him out after it didnt happen at draft. I take everything with a grain o salt until it is proven to be correct.

#82 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

It baffles me why the hell this guy is still considered a legit source. HockeyInsiderr has way more credibility and he's considered invalid? BS.

#83 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

Eklund got slapped in the face again by dregs hahaha

Good guy Dreger
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#84 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

I can't believe someone still check out hockeybuzz website. That ret@rd is making $$$ OFF Canucks fans...and waste our time
Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#85 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Was just listening to TEAM 1040 online and they just said they talked to dale Tallon and to paraphrase, they said they are fine seeing clemensen and theodore fighting for the starter slot in the new season.

Hahaha yeah that may be true to some extent but I'll go on record to say Luongo will be a Panther by the start of this upcoming season. Guaranteed.

#86 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

“@Eklund: @DarrenDreger lol…ok…I heard otherwise. we'll see I guess. I also added a tweet minutes after the first saying things can always change.”

Yeah, so Dreger goes right to the source to get his info and that idiot says he heard otherwise? What a joke Eklund is. And I like how he qualifies his original tweet afterwards with "things can always change"...trying to save face.

Why is Eklund considered a legitimate source? And for the love of God, why is Samjam allowed to continue to post garbage here? One tweet or post that they pull out of their @sses spawns 20 new threads every time.

Edited by MJDDawg, 02 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#87 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

If something doesn't happen soon my wife is going to smash my phone over my face cause I can't stop fingering my twitter.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#88 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

#89 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,741 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

https://twitter.com/...990095477874689
BREAKING: can confirm Roberto Luongo will be traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Deal will be completed by draft, if not July 1.#Canucks

https://twitter.com/...500623434039296
UPDATE: It appears Roberto Luongo met with the Leafs' head physician today at a hotel in Toronto… deal looks to be coming together. #Canucks

Right.....

#90 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Eklund is a total hack, no doubt about it.

That said, the last time Dreger was throwing mud at someone on twitter it was at Pierre Lebrun for reporting the Thrashers move to Winnipeg as a done deal.....and we all know how that went down. It was a done deal.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.