The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salo says goodbye

canucks3322

Even though we signed Garrison I feel like there's just an empty hole on our team, you have to be truly great to be as injury prone as Salo is and still be beloved by your city and it's fans. He was a calming presence and one of the most reliable players on the ice we've ever had. I will miss the quiet death metal loving Fin but i'm happy he went to a team I really like and follow regularly.

He better get a massive ovation when tampa comes to town.

Best of luck to one of the classiest guys to put on a Canucks jersey. Great leader, and a class act. You deserve everything good going your way. I have nothing but love and respect for you and good luck in your future endeavors. Give'em hell!

One of my all-time favourite Canucks, a class act throughout his time here. Thanks for 9 great years! I'll miss all the OT winners, and the way Sami always fit right back into the lineup after coming off an injury.

Hopefully he at least gets ROH, and a shot at a cup.

When Sami came back after taking that shot in the left knacker it changed my opinion about 'some' Euros. My goodness the pain. Talk about expressions of awe from the Canuck bench.

Good luck Sami. It might have been time to go but you left some great memories.

Archived