Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Jason Garrison and Mike Gillis on Team 1040

Trade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

JasonGarrison_with_SekeresAndPrice_July2nd

MikeGillis_ConferenceCall_onGarrisonSigning_July1st

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thanks, will listen.

....Can someone post the youtube video of MG's media talk about the Garrison signing....haven't seen it and would like to, thanks.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#3 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

JasonGarrison_with_SekeresAndPrice_July2nd
http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/JasonGarrison_with_SekeresAndPrice_July2nd.mp3

MikeGillis_ConferenceCall_onGarrisonSigning_July1st
http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/MikeGillis_ConferenceCall_onGarrisonSigning_July1st.mp3

Sekeres and Price are such pieces of crap. They stated that David Booth was a garbage piece brought from Florida. From what I remember we gave up a non-caring Mikael Samuelsson and a non-player Marco Sturm for David freaking Booth.

On top of that they state that Booth, didn't perform, yet before his knee injury, Booth was on a roll and ended up with 29 pts in 56 games with 16 goals, on pace for 20+ goals in 70 games in his first trade to a new team ever (yes it takes time for NHL professionals to just uproot their lives!).

Give me a freaking break Sekeres/Price, welcome to reality, Booth was a great pickup and a slumping Ryan Kesler stunted his performance.

Kesler will need to take his time this year before jumping the gun to come back and play. I'd rather have him FULLY HEALED than play like crap all year and dive every second to try and do something on the ice because he's hurt.

Edited by Sedinry, 02 July 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#4 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Thanks, will listen.

....Can someone post the youtube video of MG's media talk about the Garrison signing....haven't seen it and would like to, thanks.

It's on the front page of the website...

Edited by rbcanucks87, 02 July 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#5 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

It's on the front page of the website...

Thanks. I checked there earlier and surely I didn't see it....probably got posted right now, but thanks again :)

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#6 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

we've done just fine in our dealings with Florida - tired of that b.s. line of thinking.

#7 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Thank you for posting the interviews.

#8 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

thx op.. missed it
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#9 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

is it just me or does he seem uncomfortable or.. straight up nervous doing interviews? I hope this is not too nerve wrecking for him.. otherwise he's gonna have a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad time

Edited by WindChaser, 02 July 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#10 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,732 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

is it just me or does he seem uncomfortable or.. straight up nervous doing interviews? I hope this is not too nerve wrecking for him.. otherwise he's gonna have a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad time

Jon Quick hates doing interviews and all the attention didn't hurt him in the playoffs.

#11 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sekeres and Price are such pieces of crap. They stated that David Booth was a garbage piece brought from Florida. From what I remember we gave up a non-caring Mikael Samuelsson and a non-player Marco Sturm for David freaking Booth.

On top of that they state that Booth, didn't perform, yet before his knee injury, Booth was on a roll and ended up with 29 pts in 56 games with 16 goals, on pace for 20+ goals in 70 games in his first trade to a new team ever (yes it takes time for NHL professionals to just uproot their lives!).

Give me a freaking break Sekeres/Price, welcome to reality, Booth was a great pickup and a slumping Ryan Kesler stunted his performance.

Kesler will need to take his time this year before jumping the gun to come back and play. I'd rather have him FULLY HEALED than play like crap all year and dive every second to try and do something on the ice because he's hurt.

I agree... booth get a raw deal around here sometimes. I think he will have a better year if that line learns to pass a little better and work together because when someone on your line succeeds you succeed.
Posted Image

#12 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

booth will be gold next season... so will Ballard if he is still around.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#13 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Sekeres and Price. They're like the Sedins. You can't tell them apart.

But you can tell them apart from Botch. They're all sarcastic wiseasses, but while Sekeres and Price are usually huddled together, Botch is by himself.

Nobody really wants to be around Botch.

Haha. Radio.

TOML
Posted Image

#14 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Not a fan of "Nose plugged voice" Sekeres
Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#15 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

I agree... booth get a raw deal around here sometimes. I think he will have a better year if that line learns to pass a little better and work together because when someone on your line succeeds you succeed.

Getting Raymond off that line and adding a real passing winger would help him out , too bad Kes is injured he and Booth were planning to get together in the summer to work on getting some chemistry going, sad thing is that Booth may form chemistry with Kesler's fill-in and then be messed up again once Kesler returns, hope I'm wrong
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#16 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Willes is already pissing on the Garrison signing in today's Province...welcome to Vancouver JG! You're really part of the team now.

Edit, personally I think Booth is awesome. Very much liked what I saw from him in limited action last season, he is dynamic and powerful with few weaknesses. Also his born-again Christian/big-game hunting thing is a nice bit of personality for an NHL player. I expect he'll be great next season, remember he didn't go through camp with the Canucks last year and was hurt just as he was getting it figured out.

I maintain you're not really part of the Canucks until Vancouver sports media starts ripping you up, it's like a rite of passage.

Edited by ThaBestPlaceOnEarth, 02 July 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#17 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sekeres and Price. They're like the Sedins. You can't tell them apart.

But you can tell them apart from Botch. They're all sarcastic wiseasses, but while Sekeres and Price are usually huddled together, Botch is by himself.

Nobody really wants to be around Botch.

Haha. Radio.

TOML

Outside of Don Taylor and that boozehound Barry Mcdonald, 1040 is filled with hacks.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.