The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Buffalo and Dallas

As a secondary buffalo fan not sure how I feel about this, obviously there was a size/toughness issue they wanted to address at center. I guess it shows how much faith they have in Cody and that they expect Armia, grigorenko, or girgenson (sp?) to make the team. The inexperience at center in the top lines is a little scary though, and I literally despise Ott.

I was expecting Buffalo to trade Roy...next season; give their young centers time to develop/ make sure they are ready. I don't think Pardy is as good as Calgary and Dallas was hoping for, but maybe he'll flourish in Buffalo.

Wow Buffalo, horrible on them because they dont have any Top 6 centers that are NHL proven. Adam start off hot but fizzled the rest of the year. Hodgson is still improving and Hecht is an injury magnet.

Hecht

Hodgson

Ott

Adams

They will get dominated down the middle by every eastern team except maybe Toronto.

interesting...

Ennis as a #1, for starters? As much as I'm a fan he's even smaller than Roy

also think that Buffalo could've done better, at least I would've asked for Fistric rather than Pardy, who isn't a very good D-man for $2M. Ott does bring good size but the small Sabres centers have big scoring holes to fill up front with Roy leaving. Will have to see how the new team gels together before determining if it's a good trade (though it does help both sides: size and grit for Buffalo, skilled #2 for Dallas)

Wow Buffalo, horrible on them because they dont have any Top 6 centers that are NHL proven. Adam start off hot but fizzled the rest of the year. Hodgson is still improving and Hecht is an injury magnet.

Hecht

Hodgson

Ott

Adams

They will get dominated down the middle by every eastern team except maybe Toronto.

Hecht

Hodgson

Ott

Adams

Roy was on his way out no matter what, his time is done in Buffalo. While he can produce points, he isn't exactly what Buffalo is looking for in a "core player". He is also kind of like the Mason Raymond of Vancouver, takes a lot of heat from fans.

Good hockey trade for both sides as both teams fill their holes.

Ott would have been a perfect player for Vancouver to pick up. Every single team is getting tougher except the Canucks, and we're the poster boy team for getting pushed around and bullied into losses. Does Gillis not see this? We don't need enforcer plugs that will just keep the bench warm for the majority of the game, we need tough, gritty and mean guys that can hit like animals and actually play hockey. Anybody can throw fists when the occasion calls for it.

Haha , so true.

Buffalo is counting on Grigs or Zemgus but mostly Grigs to male the team. They're pretty darn inexperienced but if their young guns play well they should be fine.

Worst comes to worst, they miss the playoffs again and get another top 16 pick in a deep draft.

Archived