The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

France: Mandatory breathalyzer test in ALL vehicles

key2thecup

Personally, I would like the french law a lot better if it was slightly tweaked:

All new cars should be forced to have one come pre-installed, but old cars would not be required to have them, unless the primary driver of said older car has been previously convicted of a DUI.

Would that please those that are against this law?

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” (Thomas Jefferson, To Archibald Stuart in Philadelphia 1791.) details.gif

so the majority has to give up another freedom because of the mistakes of very small minority , where do we draw the line ? i do not drink and i believe that if you kill someone while driving under the influence you should be charged with murder , but this is a ridiculous idea with so many ways to circumvent it .

your family friend dying is a tragedy... However it should not be used as an excuse to punish/harrass millions of innocent people with....Tougher sentences on drunk drivers, automatic lifetim driving bans... anything as long as it punishes the guilty.. i will never accept uniform laws that punishes millions of innocent people for the sins of a few...

I'm sure when they said those words, they were talking about a piece of equipment that tells you if you're too intoxicated to operate heavy machinery on public roads. Is there a camera that comes with the device? Does it transmit the results of your breath test to the government? Does the government prohibit you from doing anything you were legally allowed to do previously?

No they were not, but clearly their point still stands. To say otherwise is ignorant.

Oh really?

The Patriot Act

Free Speech Zones (whatever those are)

SOPA/PIPA whatever its being called these days.

The Espionage Act

No more Habeas Corpus

FEMA Camps

TSA

Income Tax is a fraud

Property Tax is a fraud

Carbon Tax is a fraud

Interest is a fraud

I dunno, sounds like a lot of stealing freedoms and money is going on to me.

How are any of those fraud?

"In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g., in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain."

The governments need money to run the country, provinces, municipalities, cites, etc.

How is the government supposed to provide all the services if there's no taxes?

I like it. If you've been drinking, blow into your device. If under legal limit do what you want; if over legal limit and get caught driving, jail time should be sentenced for neglecting the safety of others. sounds good to me.

Archived