The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remaining Free Agents?

Ewok

After looking at the list of UFA I was looking for someone who is relatively still young and isn't to high of a cap hit, and I saw Eric Fehr. He didn't have a great year with the Jets, but he did alright in Washington, he is only 26 plays RW and pretty good size on him as well at 6 ft 4. He made $2.2M last year, but after not doing so well with the Jets he could go down to easily 2M or even $1.5M. He can play on the PP or PK, he kinda reminds me of a Linden to be honest watching some of his highlights, but would be a great depth player who could easily log 3rd or 2nd line minutes if necessary, and play on the PK.

The goal he scores against Pittsburgh is pretty sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tXWVotp_M

Complete list of all UFA and or RFA

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

Doan..........Apparently would be good for us however.........

Jagr...........I would love to see with the Sedins

Arnott...........I would like to see in the 2nd line between Clowe/Doan and Burrows. Until Kes came back then he would drop to 3rd.

Mike Knuble is also worth considering. A big body at 6'-3" and 235 lbs and was regularly over 50 pts a season.

Commodore..........a guy I always liked 6'-4" and 227 lbs has loads of experience and was 42nd o/a pick.

Gilbert Brule - He is a local kid who's development was screwed by Columbus, I believe that him coming back here would

re-energize him, and we would see him return to the player we saw for the Giants (as a Rockets fan, I hated him :)

Peter Meuller - Another Gillis project, would fill in nicely on the third line, could move up to the second if necessary. good playmaker

Wojtek Wolski - Good player, may cost a bit more then the others, but would fit in

Cam Barker - I know he has off ice issues, but Lappierre was a headache and some would say cancer before he arrived. The veteran core group here would help him mature and he knows that it would be his last shot at the nhl.

Gilbert Brule - He is a local kid who's development was screwed by Columbus, I believe that him coming back here would

re-energize him, and we would see him return to the player we saw for the Giants (as a Rockets fan, I hated him :)

Peter Meuller - Another Gillis project, would fill in nicely on the third line, could move up to the second if necessary. good playmaker

Wojtek Wolski - Good player, may cost a bit more then the others, but would fit in

Cam Barker - I know he has off ice issues, but Lappierre was a headache and some would say cancer before he arrived. The veteran core group here would help him mature and he knows that it would be his last shot at the nhl.

The fact that if you do your homework you can get a nice bargain for a couple players who can fill some holes. Although, knowing Gillis he will end up signing some player we never even saw, or have heard of, who they think will help them going down the road. Sign them to a contract which will match or exceed the amount of a couple other players who are available, who people already know that can perform to a level that is needed, but I could see Gillis doing something like this.

Archived