The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has everyone forgotten about the Amex line?

uber_pwnzor

Exactly. They didn't need a playmaker on their line. 3 20-goal scorers fits perfectly together, and that was with ongoing injuries and a banged up Kesler.

Kesler notched 50 assists a couple of seasons ago - he CAN be the passer we need him to be, he just needs to get his game back to where it was. Higgins is still capable of a 20 goal season and Booth was on pace for 20+ goals, he could easily hit his 30-goal mark again if Kesler gets back to his good passing.

Basically this line is good for 70 goals, which is great for most 1st lines let alone a 2nd line. Our top line will probably only score 70 too (30 from Daniel, 25 from Burrows, 15 from Henrik) which is a complement to our top-6 and depth.

Considering that we have Raymond (15 goal scorer), Hansen (soon to be 20 goal scorer) and Lapierre (15 goal scorer with 3rd line minutes) putting up 50 goals on our 3rd line, I think we're fine for scoring.

How can you say we're fine for scoring when it was our 2nd line and a complete lack of scoring which led us to losing. I acknowledge there was clearly a goalie issue and we missed that big shut down defender but there were still issues upfront too.

The more and more I think about it, the more I want to take a chance on Peter Mueller and sign him here for around $2-3 million. The guy is an extremely gifted playmaker, plays on the right side and is an American so the Amex line could still be the Amex line.

The massive risk in signing him, though, is his recent concussion problems but if we could get him for relatively cheap he would be an excellent addition to the team.

Booth - Kesler - Mueller

What a second line that would be.

When they clicked the Amex line was certainly fun to watch...however injuries kind of derailed things and when they all got back together something was definately missing.

I think with the summer off and more practice together this line can further improve.

In theory they should have been amazing, but they really weren't doing as much as they should have done. Hopefully when Kesler comes back and is fully healed, we'll see them produce the way we'd hoped they would have done. Assuming Booth/Higgins are here

The more and more I think about it, the more I want to take a chance on Peter Mueller and sign him here for around $2-3 million. The guy is an extremely gifted playmaker, plays on the right side and is an American so the Amex line could still be the Amex line.

The massive risk in signing him, though, is his recent concussion problems but if we could get him for relatively cheap he would be an excellent addition to the team.

Booth - Kesler - Mueller

Exactly. They didn't need a playmaker on their line. 3 20-goal scorers fits perfectly together, and that was with ongoing injuries and a banged up Kesler.

Kesler notched 50 assists a couple of seasons ago - he CAN be the passer we need him to be, he just needs to get his game back to where it was. Higgins is still capable of a 20 goal season and Booth was on pace for 20+ goals, he could easily hit his 30-goal mark again if Kesler gets back to his good passing.

Basically this line is good for 70 goals, which is great for most 1st lines let alone a 2nd line. Our top line will probably only score 70 too (30 from Daniel, 25 from Burrows, 15 from Henrik) which is a complement to our top-6 and depth.

Considering that we have Raymond (15 goal scorer), Hansen (soon to be 20 goal scorer) and Lapierre (15 goal scorer with 3rd line minutes) putting up 50 goals on our 3rd line, I think we're fine for scoring.

Booth - Kesler - Mueller

Archived