Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Has everyone forgotten about the Amex line?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Injuries broke up the AMEX line..
Posted Image

#32 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Exactly. They didn't need a playmaker on their line. 3 20-goal scorers fits perfectly together, and that was with ongoing injuries and a banged up Kesler. Kesler notched 50 assists a couple of seasons ago - he CAN be the passer we need him to be, he just needs to get his game back to where it was. Higgins is still capable of a 20 goal season and Booth was on pace for 20+ goals, he could easily hit his 30-goal mark again if Kesler gets back to his good passing. Basically this line is good for 70 goals, which is great for most 1st lines let alone a 2nd line. Our top line will probably only score 70 too (30 from Daniel, 25 from Burrows, 15 from Henrik) which is a complement to our top-6 and depth. Considering that we have Raymond (15 goal scorer), Hansen (soon to be 20 goal scorer) and Lapierre (15 goal scorer with 3rd line minutes) putting up 50 goals on our 3rd line, I think we're fine for scoring.

I agree with everything you had to say! I also think that Kes could get back to 40 goals if he continues to stay healthy. It may not be this season where he reaches that mark again, but i believe that Kesler can get back to that form again.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#33 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Pretty much anybody that played LA was a no show thanks to Quick

Booth had a total of 7 shots. Raymond was better than Booth by a long shot, and thats even including is gaffe against Kopitar.

#34 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Mueller is American
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#35 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

This is the problem with our team, we have 2 AWESOME 3rd liners in Higgins and Hansen and that is where they should stay. They make our third line one of the best in the league, we need a true top 6 forward to play with Booth and Kesler if we want a serious chance at the cup.

My proposal if they can't aquire much through trade or signings.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian - let them develop chemistry from the start, Kassian has the offensive ability and the grit they've been lacking forever

Booth-Kesler-Burrows - solid line when everyone is healthy, can also be a very good physical shutdown line with Burr and Kes

Higgins-Mueller-Hansen - skill and grit

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise - could be better but not too bad.

That lineup has a lot more size then last years, and teams won't know what to do when they have Kassian crushing them every chance he has while the Sedins do what they do.

Edited by TheGame., 03 July 2012 - 02:50 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#36 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

^ Where's Manny?

Mueller is a top 6 player, that is why we need to acquire a player like Goc in the Luo to Fla trade. Also we should sign Arnott, Mueller is a great playmaker and we should give him a 1 year contract.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

^ Where's Manny?

Mueller is a top 6 player, that is why we need to acquire a player like Goc in the Luo to Fla trade. Also we should sign Arnott, Mueller is a great playmaker and we should give him a 1 year contract.

Is Manny still signed? He can take Weise's spot, Manny doesn't really do much anymore besides win faceoffs...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#38 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

We should try signing Huselius. Gillis likes reconstruction projects, and Huselius would be a perfect fit. He won't be that expensive after having an injury riddled season and an underwhelming season the year before. And he has very nice experience on his resume. If he can get healthy and sign for cheap, he might be a good fit on the second line.

Visit my new Hockey Blog: Five for Roughing!

5ADBI4.jpg

fiveforroughing.wordpress.com

#39 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Temporary Amex line to start the season:

Higgins - Schroeder (Mueller) - Booth

HOLLA AT YO BOY

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#40 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

All you people are crying for a second line playmaker, have you totally forgotten how awesome the Amex line was?

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

<3

Getting an elite RW to play with the Sedins should be a priority, pretty sure Sedins+bobby ryan, then booth/kes/burr is way better. Having a player like Higgins on our 3rd line would be a dream.

Edited by Kulikov, 03 July 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#41 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Burr - Kesler - Hansen would be my second line. Energy, grit, strong two-way play and more importantly cohesion b/c they've played together earlier on in their careers.

Twins - Booth
Burr - Kes - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Raymond (chance for Mason to snipe or deke)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#42 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Looking at Kassian's stats all the way back to Junior, it looks like he is more of a passer than a shooter. Would love to see him on the 2nd line:

Sedin-Sedin-Burr
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Pinz-Lapierre-Weise

Raymond

#43 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Yes. Unfortunately, last season they were quite forgettable.

Higgins is an intelligent hard worker. On the other hand, Booth and Kesler need to mature considerably if they even hope to reach mediocre, let alone the heights we all know they are capable of.

#44 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

This is the problem with our team, we have 2 AWESOME 3rd liners in Higgins and Hansen and that is where they should stay. They make our third line one of the best in the league, we need a true top 6 forward to play with Booth and Kesler if we want a serious chance at the cup.

My proposal if they can't aquire much through trade or signings.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian - let them develop chemistry from the start, Kassian has the offensive ability and the grit they've been lacking forever

Booth-Kesler-Burrows - solid line when everyone is healthy, can also be a very good physical shutdown line with Burr and Kes

Higgins-Mueller-Hansen - skill and grit

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise - could be better but not too bad.

That lineup has a lot more size then last years, and teams won't know what to do when they have Kassian crushing them every chance he has while the Sedins do what they do.

I maintain we blew it when we failed to put Jaromir Jagr with the Sedins. That line would have burned up the league.

It would have dropped Burr to second and we would have had Booth - Kes - Burr although I would rather trade Booth for Clowe or someone else and put Burr with Raymond and Kes.
Kevin.jpg

#45 originalcanucksdude

originalcanucksdude

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Amex on paper was waaaaay sexier than it was on the ice.
Last season was a stepping stone to where we want to go.

#embracethehate

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.