The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Tandem Goaltending, Solid Defense, Missing what now?

Primal Optimist

I was watching Lorne Henning interview on Global yesterday and he said they are looking for a 3rd line C.

This team definitely needs a big body, physical 3rd line C. Paul Gaustad would have been perfect but he re-signed with the Preds.

Also need a big SOB D man. Someone who can clear the crease and drop the gloves to keep opposing team's players honest. We've always lacked an elite Dman and my only hope is for the guy in my profile pic next year as UFA.

The way the league seems to be going we need a couple of players who are a lot bigger and more physical than what we have now. The Bruins and Kings won the last 2 Cups. If we want a winner we need players like they have on their respective teams. As of right now our team is soft just as it has been for the past few years. I love Gillis but everyone and their momma has known we are soft over the past few years but MG has been unable to do something to rectify the situation.

I wouldn't mind offense that can score. Or a system that can adapt to other systems. I don't mind AV but his system does not seem capable of adapting on the fly to other teams systems. I feel this is really where we lost. Everyone figured us out while we were fighting to figure them out.

Archived