The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Raymond Re Define Himself?

Angry Goose

I'll bite for fun, in small defense of those two, they were playing some fine hockey before their injuries (Raymond was not), but yes, IF they cannot get it together and continually degrade, then we will have to upgrade to to stay competitive with our opponents. Manny, I feel the worst for, awful injury, but you can only go so far with that.

I'll bite for fun, in small defense of those two, they were playing some fine hockey before their injuries (Raymond was not), but yes, IF they cannot get it together and continually degrade, then we will have to upgrade to to stay competitive with our opponents. Manny, I feel the worst for, awful injury, but you can only go so far with that.

Raymond is exactly what we don't need on this team. Small,weak,soft, low skill level,tunnel vision and did I say soft? Sure he is fast but if you can't stay on your feet or get to the net its pretty much useless. Plus their is no place in the line up for him. He is not a first liner. He is not a second liner. We are trying to get bigger and stronger in the bottom 6 so he doesn't fit there. I just really hope he gets packaged in whatever deal we end up making for Loungo

Fair enough. You did not say "Raymond is a sympathy signing". I think it is a very fair signing and Gilles worked a little off his cap hit. He did get 25 goals, so it is fair to assume he could do it again (maybe more, fingers crossed), since he is only about 27.I somewhat agree with your statement that "he is where scoring chances go to die". Anybody who watches has seen him create amazing chances only to be stymied. But at least he creates chances. Sooner or later they will probably start finding the back of the net. It wasn't until about Martin St. Louis 7th or 8th season that he started becoming a point a game player. I just think it is way too early to say he is garbage and a waste of a roster spot as so many have indicated.

Archived