Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Report) Suter Decision no earlier than Thursday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

Doing what's best for my family means, I need to buy them a gold house and 10 sports cars or I won't be able to support them.

Replace the word "family" with "money" and the word "kids" with the words "bank account".

I didn't know you had the inside scoop on the inner character of Ryan Suter. And "a gold house"? Could you show me one of them thar residences? Or did you mean "good"? (Horrors, someone with money wants his family to live in a good house!!)

More to the topic: Suter doesn't owe any silly, impatient Vancouver (or other) hockey fan a quick timetable to sign. He's making a decision for himself and, yes, his family for the next decade, to a team he most probably will retire from. Sounds like he's doing the smart thing. (Some people take longer to decide which brand of high-def TV to buy.)

#32 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

I don't even care. He can take all summer. It's not as if he's coming here.
Posted Image

#33 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

This was retweeted by Nick Cotsonika:

@brianlawton9: "Sorry about late night…...Just back in town. Not sure yet on Parise but word is Ryan Suter will be playing for the MN Wild next season!"

Please god don't let this be true.

#34 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

This was retweeted by Nick Cotsonika:

@brianlawton9: "Sorry about late night…...Just back in town. Not sure yet on Parise but word is Ryan Suter will be playing for the MN Wild next season!"

Please god don't let this be true.

Lawton should be a pretty reliable source. Of course, I don't think anything can be confirmed at this point.

I wouldn't hesitate too much. We would only see Suter twice more than we have in past seasons. Of course, this would all change if Parise signs there as well.

Edited by WeatherWise, 04 July 2012 - 06:04 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#35 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Lawton should be a pretty reliable source. Of course, I don't think anything can be confirmed at this point.

I wouldn't hesitate too much. We would only see Suter twice more than we have in past seasons. Of course, this would all change if Parise signs there as well.

And if Dumba is ready to go next year (I doubt it though)

Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi
Heatley - Granlund - Bouchard
Clutterbuck - T. Mitchell - Brodziak
Powe - Konopka - M. Kassian

Suter - Gilbert
Dumba - Falk
Stoner - Spurgeon

Backstrom
Harding

If that roster becomes a reality I hope Gillis counters with Doan, Mueller and Carle. Maybe Semin as well

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Semin
Burrows - Mueller - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Carle
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo/Lack

Our team would be even more stacked once we find out what we get for Luongo.

#36 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Here's a noteworthy tweet from Pierre LeBrun an hour ago:

http://twitter.com/R...500351378403328

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Happy July 4th to my American friends and followers south of the border. Two great American hockey players set to make their decision today.
5:52 AM - 4 Jul 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Some people believe this may be wishful thinking on LeBrun's part. We shall see.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#37 tas

tas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

The ghetto of Detroit makes East Van look like Disneyland.

the downtown east side has the highest per capita rate of hiv infection and heroin addiction in the western hemisphere. it doesn't get much worse.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.